New suspension for the RC beast - some advise please

Xiansheng

Hey alltrac.net brothers...

My brain is total spaghetti reading every single spring rate thread, springs, coilovers, each separate brand name for them.. I still can't decide what to do..
I know it's been gone through over n over, but still, I need help please.

Can you please help me with any advise you may have about spring rates, because I want to order a set of coilovers and as lots you know, I can customize them how I want.

The car is a 91 RC built in Sept. first couple days of production I think, before Oct. vin numbers start.. The car has a 00164## number... so I think she might be special, one of the first..lol... but anyway...

I want to buy the shitty Ksport springs, or Megan, or D2(that broke in half in those pics :bangshead: lol) for the special car..LOL!!! i know i know, I've read a million threads from here and everywhere.. but im in a 6000$ hole, and my suspension is literally broken, and i dont have the time or skills at this time to put together some custom spring and shock package for all 4 corners.. nor do i have tein money or others(and I wouldn't get tein anyway when I have some real money!), so i settled, i will take a chance on 1 of those 3.. probably only really between the megan's and Ksport.. fuck D2's, can't find good price for them anyway..
I've mostly decided on the Ksport over the others, (I've noticed the model number changed on the Ksports for our car, and have a feeling from reading lots about them last few days that they HAVE indeed improved on the design or sUmthin, but that's just pure speculation, I'm gonna ask them on Monday about the 2 different model numbers for their Ksport Kontrol Pro set.
# KS-T05-1 vs CTY100-KP??
Is it old and new, or just taiwain vs us model numbers, somethin? ..there are 2 model numbers pointing to the same alltrac/gt4 coilovers around the net, and I have a feeling the CTY100-KP is some newer version... MAAAYBE.. i dunno, we'll see.

If you have any thoughts about the decision to go with Ksport over Megan or D2 crap, please, I wanna know.. save me before I fuck up completely with this already big fuck up.. know what I mean..(I love the RC, I have to build her at least the best I can for now before I make the cash to to buy the crazy suspension. I know either of these 3 are the worst shit, and are practically the same crap, I read all the threads multiple times..lol but I have no choice at this point.. please understand :notworthy: ..between those 3.. or something out there in the price range maybe I didn't see.. basically I need help that i dont blow money im basically borrowing to fix this RC beast... body and engine/tranny are super solid, asshole before me smashed her back right wheel, changed the lower control arm and new rim, but it's worse than I thought.. I gotta pull the frame a mm back there,(I have the shop/hookup to do it) and suspension is sagging back there really bad, so change 1, gotta change both sides, change both sides, ill just do all 4 corners.. for performance over 20yr old stock, and for resale value if I ever want to sell her will at least have 4 corners all new... changed 2 front tie rod ends so far, rack is ok thank god.. and coilovers, because I can bolt them on in my garage in my house and be done with it, I don't have extra coin or time to go to shops for help building shock and spring sets, or to source the parts from multiple locations, or any of that, gotta get the beast on the road quickstyle ma bros!

so my main question is about spring rates. I dont track or anything like that, but i am fuckin nuts when i need to be out there and dont fuck around.. I want tight suspension ya know what i mean, not some gay kids shit super low hard crap.. I want the RC to still stand nice n high 4wd stylez how she should be(a little lower with the performance suspension is good for me, I heard, I THINK, don't know for sure, that the RC sat 1" lower from the factory anyway..?hmm), tight and wicked cornering without crazy body roll when I 'need' to, etc, etc.. I never go to the track, but I still want semi track/road suspension..LOL
I don't have coin to get some 'real' suspension for now..
I knoooow guys! but I have no choice here...

(I'm really sorry for this super long essay msg! I'm goin nuts, I need help to not fuck up even more than I have already by buying/shipping this car across country without even seeing her beforehand.. sorry...)

The Ksport says:
Front: 7.5/420 kg/lbs
Rear: 4/224 kg/lbs

now I've read from lots of you talking about the rear, but there is so much conflicting talk from everyone out there, and not only on the alltrac site, and I'm freakin lost on what to do for this RC, so I'm here askin for advise,
I need to buy the suspension setup within days already and get the car on the road, and also because shipping the coilovers will take time so I've gotta pick somethin already.)

You guyz know how I can get any spring rates I want, so should I just get them with those original settings, or beef up the rear like a few of you have suggested in threads all over.. considering

I know the question, what's the best? is a stupid one, and I know only I know how I drive and what my needs are, but even so, I don't know what I want/need for the pretty much stock RC I just grabbed. I know nothing about spring rates even after reading and re-reading info all over for hrs, can't decide if I need that harder back spring rate, but I hear handling is better to throw her nice and use the torsen real good around corners.. I duuunO what ta dO GUYYYZ! :shrug:

I like performance, not super soft shit, but not retarded banging either.. I dunno what I want.. it's an RC, I want her to be what she should be.. a fuckin beast.. ya know.

(So you get a mental image..lol)
I have those Mario aluminum solid diff mount and bushings, and subframe bushing set coming to me...
and 25mm spacers on the rear with Sal's 16x8 white OZ Cronos rims I just grabbed off him and repaired the 1 rim,
and most lilkely within days putting some 'Dunlop Sport 8000' 225/45/16's I found for cheap on the rims.

It's an alltrac.net member's car on here I found out recently only after buying the car already delivered to my house from across the country, his name is, flipradio3, flipradio was 2 owners ago ..the guy he sold it to, fucked it up smashed the wheel, I bought the RC from that guy all fucked up, not knowing just how bad she was.. stupid me! but it's an RC so I'll fix her and put monster suspension on her in the near future, if I keep her.)
This is the car... flipradio's old ad I found on the net from a while ago...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2949542/1 ... ota-celica
Looks pretty much the same right now, body is solid no new problems with body, just totally covered in dust right now from last owner storing her forever.. I'll take my own pics when I start to work on her in my garage.

Is the Ksport default setting they send you ok for the RC guys? (thinking about how we all know the alltrac/gt4 is one heavy beast- I've owned 2 and a half us egular alltracs in the past.) <--- this is the thoughts running around in my head.. should i get the beefed up back springs, and what weight? and maybe even the fronts stronger.. i dunno.. help please.. stock RC, what would you do? :)

and Should I get the Megan's over the Ksport's, I know they're all shit, believe me, I know, My eyes are burning from reading hundreds of threads/websites all over for days, I know alot of you are laughing or whatever.. but I just need some talk, help, advise please.. I wanna make this beast the best I can with what I'm workin with. The tweak factor...lol.. advise from the pros.......

longest post ever.. pheeeewwww..... time for :smokes:

Thanks alot guys.

Xiansheng

or seriously guys, if there was some struts to buy and springs, that all I needed to do was use a spring compressor tool and some bolts, I want that better package over the taiwan coilovers, I just don't wanna cut anything or go out to a welder/fabricator and that's all I'm seeing around the web, I just need to get this done quickstyle, and as the dates got closer to current reading threads here and all over the net, I'm reading that the Ksports are not totally that shit, and I'm thinkin that if you guys help me pick the good spring rate for the shitty coilovers, that's probably the key, to the Ksports being total crap, or not bad. That was my whole thought behind this thread. Trying to figure out the good spring rate on some shitty coilovers to make them at least the best they can be on the heavy beast of a car 4wd Celica RC.
(or the Megan's ?)
Because I truly believe, that most manufacturers and people that don't know the Celica 4wd underestimate just how beastly heavy she is, and under load through the corners.. I'm worried I'll buy some crap with wrong spring rates that can't hold her weight well enough.. know what I mean.

Thanks.

klue

I run 10 front 8 rear, and its nice enough for track use, still soft enough with the dampening turned down. I ended up getting a company in quebec to build me a shock. Got rear camber adjustment built in and everything. So far Im much happier with these than the others I have used : ksport, megan, tein, BC

The alltrac is just too heavy and oversteers too much to make it handle great. The Ksport will be fine untill your budgets allows for some customs coilover setups. While at it, I found that bracing the car helps (undercar, strut towers) and the whiteline rear swaybar.

Corey

I wouldn't say they are crap. I myself am planning on buying the Ksport GT pros.

If you want to spend 1500$, you can buy Tein SS coilovers.

If you want to spend more, you can look into DMS rally suspension.

I'm also planning on buying UK Ksport brakes.

I heard, I THINK, don't know for sure, that the RC sat 1" lower from the factory anyway..?hmm)

Don't think so. Not according to the specs on Meurz' site. All the cars were 150mm

Xiansheng

After all this shit..lol.. I ended up grabbing some 90,000 JDM original GT4 4 struts from buddy on here.

cuz i found out i need exaust, brakes, alignment, then with taxes right now when registering car, and all other odds n ends, I just dont have coin for good suspension right now, cuz I decided, I will just after paying off some debt and making more coin, I will grab some REAL suspension, rather than going Ksport type shit.. even though I'm sure it would of been ok, this is a Celica Turbo 4wd RC limited edition, can't put some cheap suspension on her, I decided, she deserves better, so for now, just keep her orginal, just get her on the road already ya know.

Thanks anywayz guys.. I was so close to hitting ADD TO CART and buying some ksport, but alltrac.net member jonnyboygt4 came through once again helpin me out with parts for the beast. Thanks again bud!!

couple weeks max and I'll start puttin everything together and take some work pics. :)

cya later....

Xiansheng

Corey Darling":2prb5vmk said:
I wouldn't say they are crap. I myself am planning on buying the Ksport GT pros.

If you want to spend 1500$, you can buy Tein SS coilovers.

If you want to spend more, you can look into DMS rally suspension.

I'm also planning on buying UK Ksport brakes.

I heard, I THINK, don't know for sure, that the RC sat 1" lower from the factory anyway..?hmm)

Don't think so. Not according to the specs on Meurz' site. All the cars were 150mm

It's wierd bro, but I think I read it for the Carlos Sainz model, UK stylez, just under the paragraph about the RC japan model, so dont know if all Carlos Sainz UK and RC have the same shit, but it did say the UK model sat 1" lower.. it's wierd man.. I'll find the article where I read it man, I think it's a toyota press release from back in the day... somethin like that.. I'll find it if you want, it's jumbled up with like 200 bookmarks of all celica stuff over last few weeks I've been keeping for future reference... gotta look.. I'll get back to you with some real documents instead of just bullshit talk that I'm not sure about.. we can go through it together figure out wtf it's saying....

jonnyboygt4

Hotrodhendrix":2lgxb98q said:
Isnt there a place on flee bay that will custom make coilovers for near the same price as Ksports?

there was a guy that would sell custom rate springs on this forum through ebay that ran a little cheaper than k sports...but still over a 1000 when its all said and done...