Brake Master Cylinder experience?

toayoztan

I was wanting to get a new Brake Master Cylinder.

I was thinking of just picking up a reman. one at Napa and just reuse my resevoir.

Question:

They list a version for ABS and w/o ABS...is there really a difference to them? Since I removed my ABS unit, I should probably go with the non-ABS I assume?

Anyone else have a recommendation on what master cylinder to go with that hasn't given anyone issues and lasted?

I'm not going with an OEM rebuild kit because te master cylinder I have is not the OEM one, this I know for sure. Therefore, I want to replace it and not have to worry about it down the road. I have two OEM brake boosters, and I'm hoping both or one of them are still good.

After I get this installed, I'll go ahead and make my brake lines with the AGS NiCopp hardware.

I did go to the junkyard today, saw two celicas with no ABS. I picked off the 3-way and p-valve on both of them, with most of the lines (besides the ones going to the rear brakes). I'll be using the lines as a guide for the NiCopp lines.

I'm still debating on using the non-abs p-valve VS my abs unit p-valve VS aftermarket p-valve (wilwood, etc).

Bryan

Dracov

The ABS version has a 1" bore and piston, where the non-ABS is 15/16" bore. That's the only real difference if I remember right.

toayoztan

Dracov":1gefhvar said:
The ABS version has a 1" bore and piston, where the non-ABS is 15/16" bore. That's the only real difference if I remember right.

If I will be upgrading to, say, wilwood BBK or any BBK in the future, should I keep the larger bore ABS (I removed my ABS)?

Thanks

Bryan

toayoztan

Any thoughts to the auto store ones?

I may just get a reman. one from Napa or just the new ones they provide.

Bryan

entrax

sorry to bring up an old thread but I've been searching for this for pretty much 6 hours without a conclusion

my st165 w/abs MC needs replacing. Front Right and Rear Left not producing any flow, so it looks like one half of the diagonal system is not working.
(proof: see bleeding procedure here: http://bgbonline.celicatech.com/89tech/ ... eeding.pdf)
Toyota BGB only mentions "bleed longest hydraulic line"
Haynes mentions RR,LF,RL,FR as well.

From my understanding for the ST165:
ABS = 1"
non-ABS = 15/16"

Rockauto shows a 1" MC Raybestos MC39851 but they list it as Non-ABS. If I get this, will this be detrimental to be on my car?

The reason I ask is that it's $29 compared to one that is listed as "ABS" @ $80+.