Rally style suspension for my st165?

chevyok06

I'm looking for a new suspension for my st165. It has drop springs on it now and is just to low for me and o really want to put the awd to good use and be able to sue it well on windy back roads and tracks and such. Any one know where I can find a full bolt on set of maybe coil overs etc etc. Also wondering what size tires rims brands etc I should run. THANKS.

:withstupid:

klue

just the front knuckle, the spacing on the holes are different where the bottom mount of the shock meets the knuckle

gtfourcs

what do you have? Just basic coilovers or some that are for offroad (gravel, unpaved roads, and such)? Brand?

Bryon

I just recently did some back yard shinanigans to my 65 stock struts, but Im not sure you have access to a welder, spring compressors etc etc. Long story short I used KYB agx adjust strut inserts with the bottom nub cut off,front and rear part #765015 repositioned the spring perches up the strut leg about 2 inches, and converted the rear to take a strut insert. the agx strut has about an inch longer stoke then the stock strut so the additional inch just adds to the spring preload a bit. There is a much more detailed article in here regarding the AGX strut swap. I am happy with mine. I have ran 2 Rally x events and they have held up great, I even drove the car off an 8 inch sidewalk at 30mph to see if it would bottom out, and she took it like a champ. Not quite bolt on but only cost me 390. and some labor for four way adjustables and a 2 inch lift.

chevyok06

I would be happy with a close to stock set up that's a little more responsive. My drop Springs look good and corner good on pavement but no-good for anything needing clearance lol.