Wrong Brake Disks - Help

zedxfarin

HEY ALL

I GOT SOME NEW DISKS FOR MY 1991 TOYOTA CELICA GT4 (ST185)

277mm front discs

and

288mm rear discs

They Fit the wheel fine but are about 10mm to large for the calliper.

What disks have it got here?
Is there brackets or callipers i can get to fit these to my car?

Killtodie

There are a few different sizes. Does your car have ABS? The ABS rotors are larger in size I believe than non ABS rotors.

Measure your old rotor, order that size. I got front Brembo rotors for my ST165, the seller insisted that they would not work on my car, but the diameter and bolt pattern matched up, and they did.

zedxfarin

Yes i think in this case i have been very lazy indeed having not measured the old disks myself, However i now have these large disk in my possession. I wonder if there is an easy swap out I can do with the clippers or brackets or something.

Yes my car has ABS and is a Jap inport in the UK

Killtodie

I dont know if its the caliper or the knuckle/mounting bracket that needs to be changed to accommodate the larger size.

But, yes, its possible.

fussellbug

The non-Alltrac celicas ran smaller discs (255mm front, 269mm rear) but used the same calipers in 92-93. The difference was the mounting brackets that placed the ST185 calipers further from the hub. A previous owner may have bought the wrong calipers and rotors in the past because the smaller ones were cheaper. I've seen the brackets sold separately at O'Reilly auto parts, so you should be able to find them somewhere locally. When you hold the two brackets side by side, you'll see the difference in the hole spacing (about 1cm farther apart).

zedxfarin

Will the larger brackets fit my wheel hub and accommodate my callipers?

If anyone has any for sale i'll take them off you.