Megan Racing Coilovers

AxelNavaja

Im looking at a set for my ST184. Has anyone ever used Megan Racing coilovers one their car? I dont really track the car or anything like that just some spirited driving here and there. I mainly like them cause of the range of adjustability. Any feedback on them...? Thoughts?

Killtodie

I heard good things about them, they are the cheapest. I was also told that they can be adapted for the All-Trac.

AxelNavaja

Every set ive seen states that it can be applied for the alltrac, gts, and gt. I just want to see if anyone's ever used them before i go buy them.

AxelNavaja

Every set ive seen states that it can be applied for the alltrac, gts, and gt. I just want to see if anyone's ever used them before i go buy them.

k.beaty

I had them on my car for a few year and just made the switch to BC Racing.

I'd recommend the BC's over the Megan's any day! Also, look into the Swift Spring upgrade with the BC's, it makes a world of a difference!

Mafix

my chassis is far lighter (2600lbs race weight) and i've had no complaints about the megans st184 kit.

I've had them for 2-3 years so far and no complaints. Just make sure there setup correctly spring preload and height etc and make sure to lock the front collars tight! I had one come lose and over time that axle raised about 35-40mm. Looked weird and throws off alignment!!

Probly my fault for not tighting it.

Mafix

my rf collar comes loose all the time. seems to do it after violent autocross events (lots of runs or bumpy pavement)

underscore

The rears are definitely different so I'm not sure if they'll work, either way I wouldn't want to run coilovers for a 184 on the 185 rear end due to the extra weight.

Killtodie

underscore":1w4wg4w3 said:
The rears are definitely different so I'm not sure if they'll work, either way I wouldn't want to run coilovers for a 184 on the 185 rear end due to the extra weight.

I heard that they can be adjusted to work height wise.

I understand the extra weight, but if you increase the dampeners, you can compensate for it.

AxelNavaja

Here is the result. Rear end had to come down a bit bit will lower when i get new spacers. The wheel is flushed with the most outter part of the fender. Thoughts?

Attachments

• CAM00191.jpg
    CAM00191.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 1,222