Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

gt4lm

Looking for a front and get caliper and disc upgrade set

Instead of running around chasing bits around the world is there a kit from one supplier that will upgrade the lot?

ALLensTRAC

Revolutionbrake.com sells the front. Then get st205 rears. Rocketeer used to sell front and rear kits but they are no longer available.
If you really want to ball out AP racing makes a front kit but it's around 4k$!!!

gt4lm

ALLensTRAC":24ld01co said:
Revolutionbrake.com sells the front. Then get st205 rears. Rocketeer used to sell front and rear kits but they are no longer available.
If you really want to ball out AP racing makes a front kit but it's around 4k$!!!

Is nuts that there is no set available

gt4lm

Ok after a few hours of reading
I'll be using 205 rear set however I noticed that people are cutting up cans to use as a locating ring as the centre bore is larger on the 205 disc

Does any one make a proper locating ring to mount the 205 disc in the 185?
Usinfa cut up can feels a bit scary

I could get one made if possible? :shrug:

ALLensTRAC

It would be difficult to get machined as it's 0.9mm difference. The best solution is either a complete ST205 rear subframe(this also increases track width by 25-30mm eliminating the need for spacers) or using just 205 wheel hubs. 185 hub is 54.1 and the 205 is 55mm.

gt4lm

ALLensTRAC":rhq963vs said:
It would be difficult to get machined as it's 0.9mm difference. The best solution is either a complete ST205 rear subframe(this also increases track width by 25-30mm eliminating the need for spacers) or using just 205 wheel hubs. 185 hub is 54.1 and the 205 is 55mm.

Are the hubs a pain to install?
Any custom work needed?
The rear frames a good idea but I already ordered my rims so I could avoid spacers

205s are extremely rare in Australia
I have seen one in my life

ALLensTRAC

gt4lm":33qw43tv said:
Any custom work needed?
The rear frames a good idea but I already ordered my rims so I could avoid spacers

Hubs are not terribly difficult to install but I am a master mechanic with 13 years experience so there is not much that is anymore lol! It will require removing the rear spindles and then pressing out the hub. This can be exacerbated by excessive corrosion. It's basically like doing rear wheel bearings as the hub presses into the bearing. Can you order 205 hubs from the dealer in Australia?

gt4lm

ALLensTRAC":3ohshsf3 said:
gt4lm":3ohshsf3 said:
Any custom work needed?

Hubs are not terribly difficult to install but I am a master mechanic with 13 years experience so there is not much that is anymore lol! It will require removing the rear spindles and then pressing out the hub. This can be exacerbated by excessive corrosion. It's basically like doing rear wheel bearings as the hub presses into the bearing. Can you order 205 hubs from the dealer in Australia?

I should take a look on the way home from work and ask them
Would I need the205 handbrake set up as well? Or can I regal the185 e brake set up ?

deecee

Caldina st215 rear hubs can also be used as they are the same as st205 hubs. I used the st215 rear hubs on my car

gt4lm

DeeCee":31l0sfq9 said:
Caldina st215 rear hubs can also be used as they are the same as st205 hubs. I used the st215 rear hubs on my car
Thanks for the info

However these are even more rare over here

deecee

actually the point being was that if you are ordering via part numbers, you have two options to find parts around the world for, not just the st205.

As for changing them, you need to use a hydraulic press - would probably pay to change your bearings at the same time. Bearings are the same as the front.

Corey

Check out ksport UK. They make front and rear kits. I have their front 6 pot kit. It bolted on but needed some adjusting to make it fit perfectly.

gt4lm

Lol fooling around in the garage an found some alloy hub ring for some old wheels I had

Looking at them the have a 54.1 internal diameter and 60 something outer diameter

It propably won't work but I'll pop over to my mates place and see if he can shove them on his machine and bring them down to 55mm outer diameter which is dead accurate

gt4lm

sainz":2awp7s4b said:
lol 0.45thick spacer.
Go and buy these cheap Taiwanese brakes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ksport-ProComp- ... 80&vxp=mtr

ill be ok

just found some tube in the exact size and wall thickness i need as opposed to milling down the rings
love fact finding missions

got some 205 rear calipers for a steal and totaly by chance
and will grab some rear dba discs when i get a chance to visit my dealer friend

waiting on a reply in regards to my willwood front kit