ST215 LHD Conversion

Kiesijemmari

Hi. I'm considering on buying ST215 GT-T Caldina. Has someone done LHD conversion? What does it take? Do you have to change firewall? Of course you have to lengthen wire harness and change wipers.

Does steering rack bolt straight on?

Thank you already!

GT4_DRED

Kiesijemmari":oeohjkwg said:
Hi. I'm considering on buying ST215 GT-T Caldina. Has someone done LHD conversion? What does it take? Do you have to change firewall? Of course you have to lengthen wire harness and change wipers.

Does steering rack bolt straight on?

Thank you already!
I think the biggest question will be, "where do you plan on getting the LHD firewall?" To my knowledge, they were only RHD.

Locker

as someone who is in the midst of doing a LHD conversion its best to have a donor car. Lots of little things that are different in the body wiring harness etc. The RHD steering rack will not work and you'll def need the full firewall.

Kiesijemmari

Of course I will get donour car, I'm just trying to ask if someone has already done LHD conversion and has any tips or to-do guides

So there isn't place for steering column on left side of firewall?

I know that rhd rack won't work but I tried to ask if Avensis LHD rack bolts straight in origina place or do I have to do new holes ect

Locker

We don't have either of those cars here in North America so as far as the looks of the firewalls I'm zero help. In the case of my celica the firewall's were completely different and there was no hope of not having to replace it.
Good luck!