Coilovers for St165; Any suspension advice

Allenm301

Hey can any one point me towards a company or brand that makes bolt on coilovers for my St165? They don't have to be top of the shelf. Just something thats better than the crappy, rusty suspension on it at the moment, and will not cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks.. Any other advice on suspension bits for my car is more than welcome.

zaluss

Allenm301":soh3d28w said:
Hey can any one point me towards a company or brand that makes bolt on coilovers for my St165? They don't have to be top of the shelf. Just something thats better than the crappy, rusty suspension on it at the moment, and will not cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks.. Any other advice on suspension bits for my car is more than welcome.

Sadly no one makes off the shelf ST165 coilovers anymore BUT ST185 coils can be made to work with some modification to the strut bolt holes.

Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com/product.asp? ... 6&catid=31
BC Racing http://www.xiiimotorsports.com/index.ph ... ltrac.html

Ceika Performance makes customer coilovers for the ST165. I ordered these a month ago but I'm still waiting so we'll see as they are build to order.

Your probably better off going with a spring/strut combo. You can replace your fronts with some AGX's and the rear you'd need to cut and reweld. Finding springs might be a different story.

Eurus

zaluss":2adpg33h said:
Allenm301":2adpg33h said:

Sadly no one makes off the shelf ST165 coilovers anymore BUT ST185 coils can be made to work with some modification to the strut bolt holes.

Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com/product.asp? ... 6&catid=31
BC Racing http://www.xiiimotorsports.com/index.ph ... ltrac.html

Ceika Performance makes customer coilovers for the ST165. I ordered these a month ago but I'm still waiting so we'll see as they are build to order.

Your probably better off going with a spring/strut combo. You can replace your fronts with some AGX's and the rear you'd need to cut and reweld. Finding springs might be a different story.

I too ordered from Ceika; I have recieved mine. They do have a long turn around on them. Cant say how they ride or fit, but they look good and are made to order.
If I could do it again, Id look into BC's and just drill the hole out.

Redrkt01

A lot of people customize and order ground control with their choice of eibach springs. You can match that up with an macpherson strut system available for the ST165. Personally, I think Koni is a great investment if you plan to use your car in normal circumstances. You need something more heavy duty if you plan to race the car.

runt9

Hey, sorry to bump a bit of an old thread, but I wanted to ask about the Ceika springs. I ordered mine at the beginning of March and still haven't got em yet. Have you guys had luck with yours at all? I just wanna make sure I'm not somehow getting screwed out of $1400. I've had this car for over a year and barely drove it cause of the blown shocks and I really wanna get to working on this car for real, haha.

zaluss

runt9":8j86c07t said:
Hey, sorry to bump a bit of an old thread, but I wanted to ask about the Ceika springs. I ordered mine at the beginning of March and still haven't got em yet. Have you guys had luck with yours at all? I just wanna make sure I'm not somehow getting screwed out of $1400. I've had this car for over a year and barely drove it cause of the blown shocks and I really wanna get to working on this car for real, haha.

I received mine a few months ago. They look superb but I got the incorrect sleeves and two of the pillow tops so I emailed them.

I got a quick response from their Facebook page. I would suggest trying there.

genkidama

Hey, I was looking into getting these Ceika coil over's as well for my ST165. What do you think of them after about a month or so of use? Thanks!

88st165

Awesome-Trac":zsra7109 said:
does anyone have any pics on how the 185 coilovers are converted to fit the 165?

The rear 185 coilovers are staight bolt on to the rear of the 165 no modifications necessary. For the front the 185 coilovers have larger holes for where it bolts to the knuckle. Typically people have made this work on the 165 by using small spacers that reduce the hole diameter to the same as the 165. However, other people have reported that they do not use these spacers so I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with this difference in hole diameters. I have made these spacers myself using raw materials I found laying around since I have limited access to a machine shop. I would guess that any machinist would make these for relatively cheap since they are very simple. Here is a print to show the dimensions for reference. 935 used to make these and sell them for +$20. Maybe some one has a picture of them installed but it is pretty self explanatory on where they go.

[album]982[/album]

[album]980[/album]