Power steering pump questions

mpg

Greetings,

I'm in the process of repairing a leak on the power steering pump on my ST165 that was traced to the suction port fitting (low pressure side) of the pump and trying to remove the port to replace a leaking O ring.
The whole area was degreased and that is the only place showing a leak - The car's on jackstands and was run with the steering wheel run back and forth several times to confirm it. My point is - I can't get the suction port fitting off the pump (it's still on the car and I have clear access, relatively speaking), the12MM bolt is removed and the fitting just swivels around in the port. I gently tried to pry it but it is stuck.
Both BGB's don't show any SST needed to remove it or special procedure.
As the pump was rebuilt several years ago my feeble grey matter can't recall if the @#$%! O ring was replaced - probably not!
I waited till the end here to ask - has anyone removed that fitting ( and how to get it off) with the pump on the car or do I bite the bullet and pull the pump - not that easy.
One more - is the pump the same for all Celicas that year ( ST 162 for example)? That would make it alot easier to source parts and hose for it. Internet checks were vague. I was able to get the O ring locally.
Thanks!

Magroo

Its much easier to work on the pump outside of the car even though pulling it is a pain in the ass. Have to either pop the tie rod out of the knuckle or undo the balljoint from the control arm and get the cv shaft out of the way. The pumps sure do look the same.
I bought a rebuild kit for I think around $15 a few years back. I cant remember if I had problems on the suction side of things. The reservoir on other celica is attached to the pump itself and might be able to accept the fitting in place of it.

mpg

Yep, been there done that, was just looking for a way to get only the fitting O ring out and replaced without the hassle of the pump removal, gonna try again and if no luck,do the removal. Thanks for the help!