Tires!

EvilStig

What do you all run for tires?

For the performance road/track/autox folks, do you have trouble finding good wide tires in the right profile for 17" wheels?

Since I have a full size spare I'd really like to use it and do a 5-tire rotation, however I'm having a real hard time finding good performance tires that are not directional or side-specific.

underscore

I know Pirelli make some that only designate inside/outside (the tread pattern isn't directional but the sidewalls are different) that come on some high end Euros.

grip-addict

I'm running 225x45x17 azenis 615k+ . Very mild rubbing, hardly noticeable, BUT I do have bc coilovers. The warm-weather grip is very nice on these, but they really don't like temps below 50. The grip is significantly less there, and they don't let you know they are about to let go.
Forgot to mention, they are side specific.

CMS-GT4

I run the rival S. I enjoy the tire. It doesn't grease up as quick as some times that are often used for autox. When I do 6 runs they progressively get stickier till the end where some tires might have over heated. I would like to test them on the track, where I think they are better suited. There are other rival versions for different purposes. Not great in the rain, but my car does not see rain often.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... ce+Rival+S