KSport GR railly coilovers and front camber troubles

abeans

My last piece holding my car from a fresh alignment is the front camber. The Ksports do not have any type of caster camber plate so it is fixed like oem.

I installed the kit and i have some serious positive camber going on. Prob about 1 Degree + I'd say its more than likely because the car raised a bit in the front (because rally car?) Do not believe the front strut mounts have a specific orientation to where one side is in one is out clocking it at a angle.

So i don't think i can lower it physically to resolve it, seems like I'm at the limitation of the coils...

My plan is to use this for rally cross, so i have some concerns about adjustable camber plates or even camber bolts.. Hit a bump and it could knock adjustment easy. (i lean towards camber bolts being better.)

Any recommendations for a solution? I'd like to get to about -1 Degree camber in front.

underscore

How high is it? With my 1" spacer lift I could still push the stock bolts to where there is no visible camber, but I haven't had it on an actual alignment rack. I'd probably go with the Toyota camber bolts and make sure they're very tight after the alignment is done. Maybe mark the strut and the knuckle so it's easy to check and correct it if anything does get bumped.

abeans

It's pretty mild really. I doubt it's even 1"... Stock wheels with a 205/55/15

WF4y5jil.jpg

Forgive my ignorance as i've only taken this car apart 3 times :| , is the stock knuckle slotted some to allow some movement? Maybe i just need to loosen it and give both sides a kick in.

underscore

I was able to get a bit of adjustment out of mine, with what I assume are the stock bolts. I just jammed everything for as much negative camber as I could get.

abeans

That did it. I feel dumb lol. This is the first car I've owned with the dual bolt McPherson strut.

Thank you for chiming in.

underscore

No problem, it throws you off a bit because a lot of people say it isn't adjustable but there's still a fair bit of wiggle room there.

Domspun

How's the Ksport by the way? I am shopping for new set and not sure which one to get. Yellow Speed have adjustable camber plates and they are thick.

abeans

These are gravel spec so they are ok so far. No dirt usage yet. They ride ok for street, they are super 4x4 even at lowest setting. So unless you have plans to rally I would not spend the extra money.

I have Megan racing coils on the car (for sale) they are more sporty and go much lower.