Rubber Bushing Replacements for Front/Rear Suspension-ST185

Does anyone know of an option to just replacement the front & rear suspension rubber bushings on things like the Rear Strut Rod Assy's, No. 1 & No. 2 Rear Suspension Arm Assy's, and Lower No. 1 Front Suspension Arm Assy's? Using part names from Toyota.

I know the rear axle carrier sub-assy's use the lower ball bushing assy (42210-14010), even though the ST185 version does not call those bushings out separately. I'm hoping maybe someone has the Toyota Part No's for these rubber bushings too, even though the parts above typically come with the bushings installed (bushings not sold separately for the ST185's).

I don't want to consider poly - I prefer the softer feel that rubber bushings provide, as they were when originally built.

Appreciate any inputs anyone has.

Menoxz

If I remember correctly, febest has suspension bushings for the ST185 with different pictures to find out which is what.

You could also get poly bushings with lower shA than standard, that's what I did for my rear subframe to get softer feel

Menoxz":ajvdknae said:
If I remember correctly, febest has suspension bushings for the ST185 with different pictures to find out which is what.

You could also get poly bushings with lower shA than standard, that's what I did for my rear subframe to get softer feel
Menoxz, for your rear subframe bushings and the lower shA poly, would you say the poly and rubber have about the same feel? Might be difficult to answer, given you likely changed the rear subframe bushings due to a problem, and that rubber may have already become hard or worn so that you were getting clunking.

Menoxz

93celicaconv":310tdqx9 said:
Menoxz":310tdqx9 said:

Menoxz, for your rear subframe bushings and the lower shA poly, would you say the poly and rubber have about the same feel? Might be difficult to answer, given you likely changed the rear subframe bushings due to a problem, and that rubber may have already become hard or worn so that you were getting clunking.

Yeah hard to say, rubber was old, subframe was rusty so I decided to paint and fix it, wanted to have good traction but not at the cost of comfort. I have coilovers on from when I bought the car so I think they make a bigger impact on comfort.

Also the car was on jack stands for 3 years at the time as i was building a 5sgte.

I guess it's soft? I haven't given it too much thought, the car is still like a go-cart when cornering. Also felt like I had no other choice given the supply of the parts

Also as you've said, you need the 4 oem spherical bushings for the carrier, it's a no-no with poly there, there is alot of talk about that.

Also suspension arm no2 has a metal casing on the inner rubber bushing, don't loose it, you need it. I thought it was part of the bushing at first and had to find it later.

Also.... get ready for every bolt being seized in the hole, I had to use an angle grinder to cut off the bolts to get the arms out

gt4ferko

i changed out every old rubber bushing to poly in my front control arms, rear control arms, rear diff, and all subframe bushings. it feels extremely solid but not to the point that its a race car. i recommend everyone do this in my opinion.