front swaybar links on a st165

903SGTE

what is everyone doing with replacment front swaybar links on a st165. are you buying them from toyota or is there an aftermarket company that makes them??

___Scott___

I have a vague recollection of someone saying that Miata endlinks are identical, or was it Mercedes?

Anyone else remember anything like this?

gtfourdreams

the racingbeat miata adjustables are *SUPPOSED* to work *FOR THE REAR*. i was going to purchase a set, but havent gotten there yet. however, it looks like since the ST165's have studs on the factory links and the miata's don't, you're going to have to get some good bolt/nuts to hold them.

again, like i mentioned, i heard they were supposed to work for the rears, so if you're going to try the front, i'd do a part # check to see if the front endlinks match the rear endlinks first.

here's the miata endlink im talking about (they come in pairs):
http://www.racingbeat.com/resultset.asp ... mber=54200

geladen

They do look like they will work. The stock Toyota links are studded, they look like ball joints, but all you need to do is get the correct size grade 8 bolts with self locking nuts and you are in business.
I do remember pricing the toyota links and I recall a price of like $18 each
and that was a few years ago. I may have to get the Racing beat myself...
although they aren't any cheaper. Maybe I will build my own, let's see
Pegasus racing has some affordable heim joints, Jegs has the QA1 joints...
Hmmm

gtfour77

I think it was me who said Mercedes. I used endlinks from an old mercedes car (ebay = super cheap) on my rear sway bar. They work perfect. :wink:

BraveUlysses

gtfour77":1xx937l1 said:
I think it was me who said Mercedes. I used endlinks from an old mercedes car (ebay = super cheap) on my rear sway bar. They work perfect. :wink:

What model and year were they from? I need a new set asap.

gtfour77

I am really not sure what year. They looked just like our original ones, except they had regular bolt rather than a hex. you can see a pic in my yahoo photo albums...it' somewhere in there in my gtfour album...
"photos.yahoo.com/gtfour77"
Sorry I can;t be more help.... :shrug: