white line rear strut install...

MIG407

for those with white line works kits ...is there any other method of installing the rear strut inserts without chopping the head off and welding on a screw top???....
-my mechanic claims to have installed them from the botton kind of like its done doe motorcycles...any opinions on this????
thank you
mig

maroon_185

my kit came with instruction and a bolt and special washer
you drill a 3mm hole int he bottom then cut the top off, then you pull the old insert out and then you drill the hole bigger then use the special washer and bolt to secure the insert in the strut inself , mine has nothing to do with rewelding the top back on.

hope this helps and if not i Will try to explain it better it better

RIalltrac

maroon_185":l2pfb0yp said:
my kit came with instruction and a bolt and special washer
you drill a 3mm hole int he bottom then cut the top off, then you pull the old insert out and then you drill the hole bigger then use the special washer and bolt to secure the insert in the strut inself , mine has nothing to do with rewelding the top back on.

hope this helps and if not i Will try to explain it better it better

you didnt have to weld on a collar? thats odd, I did with mine. The insert was too tall to just put in the housing, the top inch and a half would have had no support. Whiteline sent me the appropriate collars. I didnt do the welding, but my mechanic at the time didnt seem to have any issues.

maroon_185

yeah I thought it was werid and all too but it bolts in the bottom and has a notch to cut the threads ont he bottom of the insert shorter if its too long, I spent a few minutes looking for collars before looking at the lego like instruction and seeing how it works, I will take pictures tomorrow if them.

RIalltrac

ya I remember that you could cut the bolt down on the bottom for better fit, but I still had to weld on collars. I would be interested to know if they're still using the same inserts. I bought my setup like 2 and a half years ago.

maroon_185

ok the instructions ( sorry about the size wanted to make sure they were readable)

the special washer

the strut insert with the hardware on.

RIalltrac

I wish I would have kept the instructions and all that. Whiteline has come a long way thats for sure. They definately changed something, because you use to have to weld a collar on due to the length of the insert. Hell at least its easy now. No reason why any tom dick or harry wouldnt be able to install those in thier backyard.

maroon_185

yup, I am going to start with the rear that way if I need anything saturday after I start on (friday) I can go tget a set from a junkyard .

MIG407

maroon_185..thanx man mines was installed just like you describe yours.. im having trouble putting in the bushings in the rear could you post the instructions ? if youhave those as well of course.

the ones in the hub went in but one the ones on arm dont seem fit right, the stock bushing seemed to have some sort of metal collar that the superpro that come with the kit dont seem to have...

any and all help appreciated...
thank you
mig

turbo4wd

Heres a cleaned up version of the instructions.. :D

inserts.jpg

MIG407

maroon_185..thanx man mines was installed just like you describe yours.. im having trouble putting in the bushings in the rear could you post the instructions ? if youhave those as well of course.

the ones in the hub went in but one the ones on arm dont seem fit right, the stock bushing seemed to have some sort of metal collar that the superpro that come with the kit dont seem to have...

any and all help appreciated...
thank you
mig

I need the part numbers off the rear Koni struts from the Whiteline kit..

BOTH my rear inserts are bad and leaking...
i'm not sure why - or what happened

my fronts are fine.. but they are Jacked..
Koni said they will have a lifetime warrenty..

so thats good..

please help

montanatoy

Are these the Koni adjustable inserts? If these are adjustable, how easy is it to adjust and does this require any modification to the rear interior panels?

Thanks

RIalltrac

up front is real easy to adjust, all you have to do is pop the little rubber boot of the strut mount and the adjuster is right there (minus the little tool you need), the rears require you to pop a small panel off and once again its right in plain view. I dont have system ten so I'm not sure if there is a speaker in that spot in cars with that option. That could pose your only issue for easy adjustment.

montanatoy

Thanks Chris and good comment about the System 10. Can someone with Koni rear inserts and a System 10 tell me if I'm going to have to cut a hole in the side panel?

Thanks