Koni shock suck- only 14k and wasted ..... !!!!!!!

Only 14k on the Koni shocks from my whiteline kit and they are I went to
put my B&G springs on them (because the whitelines sprngs are to soft for my taste) and the koni's are leaking and dirty and soft like a spoon in pudding... :doh:

:shrug: WTF..

I'm getting Kyb AGX shocks... anyone know if they will bolt into the converted rear housings ????

ANY SUGGESTIONS ??? >

Toyota uses KYB all the time... especially on the older 4th Gen supra's with TEMS.... so I trust them more. BTW ...

B&G springs are awesome.......

the box says 1.4 but they are more like 1.4 front and 1.2 rear... PERFECT

I recomend... especially if you want to autoX !!!!

MY $.02 :D

RIalltrac

thats strange I currently have about 20k on my koni's and they're fine. What kind of driving have you been doing?

Hooligan

I think Koni has a lifetime warranty on their dampers, perhaps it was a fluke. You should contact them before buying something else.

I spoke with Koni today.. they are going to help me out - "lifetime warrenty"

But i need the original part numbers off the Strut- and since it is in the car.. ... I need a little help

:cry: PLEASE HELP :cry:

THANKS
TK

RIalltrac

Alltracgt4Knight":annn5gd8 said:
I spoke with Koni today.. they are going to help me out - "lifetime warrenty"

But i need the original part numbers off the Strut- and since it is in the car.. ... I need a little help

:cry: PLEASE HELP :cry:

THANKS
TK

That might be a bit hard, arent the koni's we use revalved by whiteline? or did koni do it? either way contact whiteline they should definately be able to help you out.

SBCelicaGT

If they are the one's that KONI recommends, they should be 8641-1211 Sport.

You should contact Whiteline to confirm.

tweekgt4

the shocks whiteline used were another part # than from the 8641-1211 Sport.

the whiteline ones were from a subaru but i can't remember which and don't have the part numbers they used...

CMS-GT4

Does anyone know if that is true about them coming from a suby? If so, that might open a whole range of shock brands for us if we know what model fits as well.

ZeroDrift

Don't know the part numbers but I feel as though I should chime in on my Koni experience.

I've had a set last for 40K+ miles on my old Rx7 and they were thoroughly used. Auto crossed every other weekend and settings continually changed. Never skipped a beat and ride quality was wonderful. My brother's Rx7 had KYB AGX struts and they honestly were horrible. Even now I have KYB AGX struts on my Alltrac and I am looking forward to replacing them with Koni Yellows in the future. Koni Yellow struts only adjusts the dampening, not the rebound, while KYB AGX struts adjust both together.

MWP

If Whiteline sold them with a new part number, then talk to Whiteline.
Koni probably wont want to deal with you directly.

The general rule when it comes to dampers/shocks:
American/European - good
Japanese/Asian - crap
Read up: http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets18.html

BTW... out of interest, how far from soft->hard were the adjusters set?

lumbercis

Yeah, sorry, Konis are not crap. They're the best off-the-shelf strut you can buy for the alltrac. Either someone messed up revalving it or it was just a (rare) manufacturing defect. Talk to whiteline first since you bought their product. They should warranty it. If not, then jack the car up, take the strut out (don't whine, you're getting a free replacement), and give Koni the numbers they need.

Problem solved.

J

CMS-GT4

I found this part number on an old whiteline file I have. 1301712 is what they listed for the shocks.

concealer404

Josh, i'm sure you've already figured this out... but Whiteline should still have the info on that part if they're anything like most of the "old world" tuning companies. They'd probably be able to tell you what insert it was.

Hotrodhendrix

tweekgt4":35q9n6ox said:
the shocks whiteline used were another part # than from the 8641-1211 Sport.

the whiteline ones were from a subaru but i can't remember which and don't have the part numbers they used...

OOOOOLD thread. Would be cool if subi units would work.