Sway bars

omgitsroy326

I've done my search on how to take the sways off...

Everyone says that you need to wiggle it around , but "I"VE BEEN WIGGLIN it around"

Can someone give me a more detailed explanatin wof what they did for the sways....

thanks

ChrisD

It was a major pain! At first I thought there was no hope...but after I managed to remove the drivers side rear strut, I was able to pull it out with enough wiggling. I am not sure if it is possible to do without removing the suspension.

Remove from the drivers side. Put in the new one from the drivers side as well.

tweekgt4

both wheels off and you pull it out from the right side.. you may have to rotate the bar a good amount maybe full circle i forget but i think it helps with the rear end of the car up as far as you can go up.

ChrisD

I think it is slightly more difficult with the 165 though...I am quite confident it's impossible from the passenger side. But yeah, wiggle, twist, spin all around if you have to.

omgitsroy326

k thanks...

i guesss i'll have to buy sways right now and put this off to another week. I ordered the endlinks but i wasn't able to get one of the stock one off....

thanks chris... you saying it's close to impossible is good enough for me not to try it w/o takin the strut off....

jprine01

Not sure on the front, but my rear whiteline swaybar came with its own bushings and brackets(bigger then oem) to replace the oem stuff.

omgitsroy326

i got my sways in....

after Chris advice.. i took the spring/strut off

OMFG so much easier.. .last time i spent 3 hours gettin no where...

after taking the pairs off .. it too me 2 mins to get the sways on.

Whiteline sways took 10 min to put on... now i'm going to put on my endlinks racingbeats....

i'm lookin forward to a car with rear sways

omgitsroy326

oh yea... for people doing this in the future
ST165

Take off strut/spring
move the brake line over
Unscrew the sways

Now the wigglin

First lift up rotate to the right of the rotors and pull...

When the end of the sway is above the differential

Rotate to the left of the drum (around 9 o clock)
Shake it
Wiggle a little

Smiles :wink: