clutch pedal switch connector

abraxxa

I want to install a clutch pedal switch so I can enable flat shift in my Haltech Elite 1500.
The ST204 had one (84520-24010), the mounting plate is identical so the switch itself is easy to mount. Aftermarket switches cost under 15euros.
But I need a fitting connector as well and can't find its part number.
Those models had this switch: https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=84 ... J=on&mG=on
My Toyota dealer would need a VIN to search for it.
Does someone know the part number or where such a connector can be purchased, preferably in the EU.
A VIN of a model that has it would help me as well.
Thanks!

RedCelicaTRD

90980-10825

Im giving it an educated guess. I looked at the connector image in my 1995 Supra wiring diagram book and matched it to that part number in the 2 pin non-waterproof connectors section in the wiring harness repair manual book (from 2007). There is a distinctive little tab on the side of the housing that I used to identify the connector when checking between books and I believe this should be the right part number. Then you will need the pins and wires - Toyota does not include them.

No guarantees!

abraxxa

Thanks for the quick reply!
I don‘t think that’s the right one as toyodiy shows its name as „filter, noise“ and on the same page as the light connectors. Also the Supra isn‘t listed.
Are you sure you have no typo?

Doesn't your Haltech Elite 1500 already have a clutch pedal switch, which is used as an interlock switch to make sure the car doesn't lurch forward or backward if accidentally left in gear while starting it? I thought manual transmission clutch pedal interlock switches were mandatory on all vehicles made, after a certain year (of course). I could be wrong on that.

abraxxa

You guys are awesome, thanks!
I‘ll send this part number to my Toyota dealer and see if it fits.

@mandatory switch: no, that seems to be a US thing.

Just realized the Haltech 1500 Elite is an ECU, not a Japanese model of a Toyota car. And I didn't realize cars made for the JDM weren't required to have manual transmission clutch interlock switches. Learn something new on this site every day.

So if the USDM ST204's had this switch, wouldn't they then have the wiring harness connector abrazza seeks? Just need to cut a pigtail length of wire including the connector involving this connector from a salvage car? A salvage yard near me (a pick'n'pull) has ST204's in it, but I don't know if any are manuals (I'm into 5th Gens, so I don't inspect the 6th Gens out there much).

Attachments

• ST204 Clutch Start Switch.jpg
    ST204 Clutch Start Switch.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 2,197

abraxxa

Bought an aftermarket clutch switch and received the Toyota connector this week, it fits! :notworthy:
Now I need to get an M10x1.25 nut which wasn't included with the clutch switch to mount it. For the cabling I'll pull out two long enough wires from one of the two wiring harnesses I have (ST215 Caldina and BEAMS ST202).