AEM’s Wideband UEGO Controller

Griffin

I have 2 - one permanantly installed in my trac and one I use for tuning other peoples cars. They rock out - plain and simlple. I highly reccomend it.

omgitsroy326

Is it easy for tuning... I really don't get what it does.. Yea AF controller... but the site doesn't give that much info... but someone else said that it's awsome.. i'm thinkin of gettin it~

It gives you instant reading of your air/fuel ratio, you know immediately
if you are running lean. The EGT will tell you that you have been doing
something bad somewhat after the fact. The wideband unit makes it easy to tune your motor, big question for me is if it has connection for the AEM EMS and the range of the guage (i.e.. I remember a post that old all-in-one guages onlywent down to 12:1 reading)

I am also interested in one, I dont really want to display the guage so
I will probably hide in the glove box. Want to use it on my MR2 turbo
when I put my VPC/GCC combo in.

db

BoostedBlueToyotas":36jff10o said:
It gives you instant reading of your air/fuel ratio, you know immediately
if you are running lean. The EGT will tell you that you have been doing
something bad somewhat after the fact. The wideband unit makes it easy to tune your motor, big question for me is if it has connection for the AEM EMS and the range of the guage (i.e.. I remember a post that old all-in-one guages onlywent down to 12:1 reading)

I am also interested in one, I dont really want to display the guage so
I will probably hide in the glove box. Want to use it on my MR2 turbo
when I put my VPC/GCC combo in.

Unless they changed something, it reads down to 11:1 and goes blank if you are any richer than that.

Griffin

No, you need to add a threaded insert - it has to be welded on - they sell em at jegs.com or most exhaust shops. One comes with the wideband kit if you get it.

omgitsroy326

Is this added to the exhaust pipe (mid pipe) or downpipe? So all i have to do is take it to an exhaust place and they'll cut a hole and install right ?

omgitsroy326

the product is a controller correct? if it's a controller then it controls the A/F ratio? Then if it does control the A/f, then how does it by being connected to the dp... i'm confused~

Griffin

No no no - it doesn't control the A/F ratio it controls the wideband O2 sensor and reports the sensor readings. It is a monitoring device. You then tune based on these A/F readings. It can also be used in conjunction with the AEM EMS target A/F ratio tables to correct for problems in the base tune or fuel quality and maintain the desired A/F ratio