E-Manage

sardgt4

Thanks for the info. I guess will look into it. BTW I tried emailing the guy on the link selling the $5 cable, he claims that it is only for the emanage to the E01 programmer and wont work for the emanage to laptop. I'm going to assume it has to be rewired.

John So 92 st185

CMS-GT4

The clone cable is not something to rewire, as I understand it, it creates some sort of authentication for the emanage software. Sort of like a software dongle. So you would need the 45usd clone cable.

CMS-GT4

Well I have been kicking around ideas for tuning my car. Some people upgrade from the emaange after a while and go to a more serious engine management system. I have been thinking about fuel costs, power needed and reliability.

For those of us wanting to run some highend power for the track, maybe ported head and a SB turbo but still have a more street friendly car for daily use, I have an idea. I think a switch can be made from parts at radio shack that can swap the connection of the stock wiring harness from the emanage/stock ecu, to the standalone. Sure the car might weight 5-10 lbs more but thats not that big a deal to have the option of having better fuel ecconomy for long trips or the daily commute and then turning the car up to some larger hp for track use. At least I may try this. At least the idea can be stored here, till I have the cash to figure it all out.

d1alltrac

CMS-GT4":18ktdzjz said:
Well I have been kicking around ideas for tuning my car. Some people upgrade from the emaange after a while and go to a more serious engine management system. I have been thinking about fuel costs, power needed and reliability.

For those of us wanting to run some highend power for the track, maybe ported head and a SB turbo but still have a more street friendly car for daily use, I have an idea. I think a switch can be made from parts at radio shack that can swap the connection of the stock wiring harness from the emanage/stock ecu, to the standalone. Sure the car might weight 5-10 lbs more but thats not that big a deal to have the option of having better fuel ecconomy for long trips or the daily commute and then turning the car up to some larger hp for track use. At least I may try this. At least the idea can be stored here, till I have the cash to figure it all out.

thats a great idea, im looking forward to see what you come up with

Cashback

I'm also going e-manage, have it all sitting in a box with the rest of the shit for my car. One thing it has over the SAFC is the ability to control timing, the 3S sure loves to do that.

I'll let you guys know how it works out for me when I get it installed in the next couple weeks.