good base map

toyotatuner

on my 3sge(now turbo'd with t3/t4) i'm lookin to start for the first time. for fuel i'm using a walbro supra pump, 650cc injectors, fpr.

i'm utilizing the 5sfe harness and as such am wondering if the ecu will be able to handle idling my motor to make sure everything is ok. my other option is to wire in my smt6 and go from there.

if i use the smt6 can anyone point me in the right direction for an intial startup setting?

smt6 is goin to be involved either way just wondering if it should installed before or after the car has started.

black88inmd

if you're using the standard 3sgte ecu then you might be able to get her to start and idle for a base setting. However with the 650's you will be running extremely rich probably. What you might try to do is use the FPR to lower the fuel pressure slightly so it'll strat and idle then use the SMT6 to lean it out until you get to a desireable A/F ratio. Repeat this until you get fuel pressure back up. However I'm not sure how low you'll want to go with fuel pressure. Someone else would probably know whats safe at idle.

I would install the SMT6 now since it's intial settings wont affect what the ecu does at all. Theres also a guy on here who was a distrubutor for perfectpower. I forget his name but you should be bale to search for "SMT6" on here and get it. I believe one or two other people have used it as well.

Now, if you're using the 5sfe I'm really not sure how lucky you'll be. I'm wrapped up in finals so I'm not thinking alltrac so well right now lol. Hopefully this will motivate some other to chime in. Best of luck.

toyotatuner

thanks for the post i had some ideas on how to do it but yours seems to most logical... and i did some research on the mr2 board and found that i should install the smt6 right away so that i could control some of the fuel(along with the fpr) and ignition even though my motor has never really been ran before.

reason why i went with the 5sfe is that its already MAP. i'm hoping luck will be on my side when i go to fire it up using the 5sfe harness and ecu with the smt6 piggyback.

it would be nice if there is someone with a 5sfte with a smt6 and posted their map....or any 3sgte map

nfn15037

How about you take the old injector flow rating (in this case, whatever the 5SFE comes with) and divide it by the new injector size. This will give you an idea of how much fuel you will need to remove in the idle/low load columns. The 3SGTE isn't that much different to the point that it won't even run, just correct for the injectors and it should start. Hopefully you have a wideband or a tuner.

toyotatuner

took me awhile to realize why i need to the 5sfe fuel ratin....and that is b/c i'm using the 5sfe ecu....alright well i'm goin to give this a shot here and hopefully i understand what you are tryin to tell me....

5sfe flow is 212cc/min
mine are 650cc/min

212/650 = .326 or 32.6% removed from the idle? hope i did it right.

nfn15037

toyotatuner":2hohpj8z said:
took me awhile to realize why i need to the 5sfe fuel ratin....and that is b/c i'm using the 5sfe ecu....alright well i'm goin to give this a shot here and hopefully i understand what you are tryin to tell me....

5sfe flow is 212cc/min
mine are 650cc/min

That will get you in the ballpark!

toyotatuner

awesome....thanks for the help. will definetly get moving in the right direction. hopefully all the basic tuning will go good and i'll get my car idlin here in no time. 8) again thanks. i'll keep people posted

BriinumsBo

nfn15037":3e35nqvx said:
toyotatuner":3e35nqvx said:

5sfe flow is 212cc/min
mine are 650cc/min

That will get you in the ballpark!

you need to remove 68% ;) any results?