Help understanding the gt4dc citcuit for code 54

belanger33

New update: i installed a new relay and it is working partially i could say! What i mean is that im getting no error code while starting the car and driving, even when i boost, however, i get one SOMETIMES when being at WOT. Other times at WOT wont bring the check engine light on too. I am wondering if it might me some resistors that are not strong enough or something else i might not know....?

Thanks again!

CMS-GT4

It might be a loose connection maybe and the force from driving is breaking the signal? Did you check to make sure its the same error code when you pul over? It could be something else.

tubasteve

how is the win wire grounded? if to the chassi of the pcm, that will be why, i had the same problem on a customers car a few years back on a RC conversion.(not the one you shipped).

glade to hear it works.

belanger33

I will have to double check the wires....i dougt being another thing since i had nothing before that check engine 54 but i'll have a look to make sure.

Tubasteve: what do you mean with the win wires?

belanger33

Code 54 is gone!!! so happy that i can feel the real power of the ST205 ECU now! i changed the relay and double checked the wires and it worked afterwards!

just_ace

i also fitted the above relay/resistor circuit with great success. i'm running a gen3 st205 ecu and engine in my st185, but with aftermarket bosch pump running via a separate switch and relay. i used a patch loom and implemented the relay/resistors to at the patch loom.

no CEL and runs perfectly with 16psi from a gt2560 turbo

cheers guys. :D now i can give my broinlaw his sw20 ecu back.

just_ace

depends on what turbo really. (this is getting Off topic tho) the gt2560 is pretty similar to the ct20b flow wise. the stock ECU runs rich above 4000rpm anyhow, so a little bit leaner is good :)

turbocelica

okay after reading this thread im really confused, can someone state exactly what is needed to do to make sure this goes away.

st205 ecu, st205 motor, st185 harness. prolly gonna go either fmic or aftermarket intercooler pump.

Thanks.

CMS-GT4

This is the method I used:

CMS-GT4":2yg1oki0 said:
I followed this method.

Code54Elimination.gif

Car runs fine. I now get 9-10psi.
Error code is gone, but the light bulb from the circuit still does not light up. I hear the relay kick on when it does a pump check. Rock and roll. I test drove it. Pulls pretty well. I think it will pull even better once I install my boost guage. :evil: