jdm vs usdm wiring

bboybowzer

so heres the info on the question

i have a jdm st165 motor, harness, and ecu.

usdm alltrac with the harness un cut.

as of now the USDM harness is on the jdm motor. 3 clips/plugs are different, but they seem to have the same number of wires in both.

question A) were the USDM and JDM motors for the st165 wired up the same, minus that there was a EGR on the usdm?

question B) does anyone have the ecu pinout for the jdm st165 ecu? or even better a wiring diagram for the engine harness.

deecee

for a start do a search. There are plenty of wiring diagrams around :)

and why not use the JDM harness and tap back into the US harness in the vehicle? If it has a complete loom with the ECU, then it would probably be easier to use the Japanese ECU over the US one.

bboybowzer

Did many searches did not find anything JDM related for the ecu pin outs on a ST165.

found one thread with a person who asked the same question, and he got mixed reviews. I've started unlooming my JDM harness to see whats up with it. since its significantlly shorter then my USDM one. I also compared the USDM ecu pinouts to the JDM harness, I've found about 6 wires that were different(in color perhaps or just gone).

also noticed i had an extra plug on my JDM harness which looks to be able to plug into the Intercooler computer, (assuming that the colors of the wires are the same to the USDM).

SO far, I've got down that the pin outs of the jdm ecu are different, unless they were color coded differently in japan. Also that 3 plugs connect differently on the motor itself.

so yeah, if anyone knows anyone else that may have a BGB from japan or knows for sure what the Ecu pin outs are on the JDM st165s that would be awesome if you could contact me.

BTW also was wondering if I just ran the USDM harness and just repinned the missing plugs i have off the JDM one, will my ECU throw codes for the EGR not being plugged in or even there?

bboybowzer

UPDATE

Now I'm down to 4 wires on my ecu pin out that are different.

anyone have a picture of the USDM intake manifold. i need a picture of the right side, if you hold it up right with the intake openings facing yourself.

Also after looking at my USDM harness it appears there a few wires cut and one of my injector plugs has one wire ripped off. :cry:

I hope for this thread to be of some resource to others, since I have yet to find anything about if it will work or not. but its starting to look like I could just move over some plugs to my USDM harness then plug and play.

btw if anyone else has some info, please share.

and also I think with the time i am putting down, i could just do a 2nd or 3rd gen motor into the st165

bboybowzer

boost VSV sensor on top of the EGR blockoff to be more accurate

yeah

I hope no one else does a 1st gen JDm into a st165 or any other car.

totally not worth the trouble. unless the motor was low mileaged. mine is just over 40k. and came with some goodies.