air flow sensor? HELP

Evo_VIIIMR

i'm putting a 205 drivetrain in a 165. i have been searching for almost 2 hrs. and can not find the answer i need. What air flow sensor do i need to use? 94+ celica or 93+ supra? i'm running out of time

built2run

you would use the stock gen 3 map sensor if you are using the 205's ecu, if not then use the AFM that matches the ecu you are using and in case you are wondering the AFM's on the N/A celicas are different internally.

___Scott___

built2run":2i2a4xmx said:
if not then use the AFM that matches the ecu you are using
Allow me to insert an important detail in the otherwise good info built2run gave.
"...if not then use the AFM and injectors that matches the ecu you are using..."

You can't run the 165 AFM and ECU with the 205s' 550cc/min injectors.

Evo_VIIIMR

i bought what i thought was a st205 drivetrain with ecu and harness. the ecu# is 89661-2b280. i finally found a thread that states this is a jdm 185. i have yet to find a pic of the connector for the afm for the 185. i used to work for lexus and know the connectors pretty well. there is a connector that looks like what would be the mass air sensor. i know the 185 has the flapper meter and the 205 is speed/dens. i don't know what that connector looks like for the 185 afm. another ? did the jdm 185s have a liquid 2 air intercooler? this one is equipped with one and it is just like the 205. EXACTLY like it. if someone would like to call me that would be great. my name is laramie. I'm a tech for Benz so i may not hear your call in the shop. 214 727 2636. i have one week to get this car running and i'm still waiting for parts to come it.