Knock sensor problem

pinoyGT4

my CEL turns on whenever i hit 2,300rpm.. then i can feel a sudden retardation from the car's performance..

i checked the error code with the help of a reputable mechanic here, and it says knock sensor...

hmm...

so i then replaced my knock sensor with a new one.. still, the problem persists...

then my old knock sensor was put on a 4age 20v BT with a knock sensor problem too but it worked well meaning my old sensor wasnt busted..

what do you guys think i can do to isolate the possible problem that triggers the knock sensor error? :)

siralys

yup, I had to fix mine when I pulled my motor. at the worst just run a shielded wire from the sensor back to the ecu

pinoyGT4

Mafix":3a2bctnu said:
BAD WIRING

oh man.. you think so?

i had my car converted coz it came from japan RHD and here in the philippines, cars are LHD...

i guess i have to ask my mechanic to re-wire it then..

but any other problem that could trigger the said error?

@siralys: so you just ran a shielded wire from the sensor, did just that fix the problem?

gearhead313

oh lord, the knock sensor woohs... i've gone through a ton of headaches fixing this. search and you'll see. DEFINITELY change the wire.

pinoyGT4

gearhead313":27dipl9m said:
oh lord, the knock sensor woohs... i've gone through a ton of headaches fixing this. search and you'll see. DEFINITELY change the wire.

damn.. i guess i really have to then... aright..

ill just fix my rack n pinion problem.. :(