Who is running GReddy E-manage Ultimate or HKS Fcon IS?

rscott22

Hey guys,

Was wondering who on here is running GReddy EMU or HKS IS or who has used it in the past? Just want to here some feedback on these piggy back systems I have worked with mostly 96 and newer cars so piggybacks are never the best choice being that most OBD2 cars usually overirde the tune piggyback trys to fool into the stock ECU. Was wondering if anyone has had great progress or great problems with these Piggayback systems? I like Greddy stuff but it has always seemed to me like GReddy was the C student and HKS was the Nerd of the class always getting an A+!!! So if anyone has any exp or heard great or bad things please chime and give as much specific detail's as possible it would be much appreciated!

P.S. I know the HKS IS can only be tunned by an HKS pro dealer or someone who is lucky enough to have a key to unlock the software.....

Thanks,
Ryan J. Scott

CeliNate

I have a GReddy EMU and I love it. I'm using the Injector control to run about a 11.5 AFR under load. and soon I'm going to do the AFM delete. So far no problems at all. Although if you have the $$$ I would recommend a standalone. but for the price I love my EMU.

rscott22

CeliNate":3jr5l3un said:
I have a GReddy EMU and I love it. I'm using the Injector control to run about a 11.5 AFR under load. and soon I'm going to do the AFM delete. So far no problems at all. Although if you have the $$$ I would recommend a standalone. but for the price I love my EMU.

Hey man that is great to know! I heard that ultimate is very user friendlt is that true? Also i heard its pretty much standalone it just uses the stock ecu do the basic stuff like A/C etc.

Thanks,
Ryan

CeliNate

As far as user friendly-ness, It's great. It really didnt take me much time at all to figure everything out, how to do everything. I had never tuned a car before and I think I did a pretty good job :D under 90-100 load almost right on the dot at 11.5 AFR. As for your other question, yes and no. It still works exactly like any other piggyback, changing the signals between the engine and the ECU, but the good thing is that you can adjust the injector pulse widths or duty cycle as well as IGN timing. Instead of just being able to "trick" the ECU by modifying the AFM signal. Hope this helps ^_^

-Nate