Afr reading

OutToWinPAHC

AEM has a new boost controller and wideband all in one called the fail-safe. It it goes to lean it will cut the boost and possibly safe the motor...... look into that it's pretty awesome.

Mafix

AEM = Another Electrical Mistake
lol

i'd go full 3" exhaust, and FMIC. leave the boost and the AFM alone. we'll talk after you get those done.

OutToWinPAHC

Mafix":33zqzcb9 said:
AEM = Another Electrical Mistake
lol

i'd go full 3" exhaust, and FMIC. leave the boost and the AFM alone. we'll talk after you get those done.

You may be crazy, I have used AEM, haltech, linkG4, Apexi PowerFC, Bigstuff, and OEM GM with HP tuners.... my AEM EMS series 2 is packed with so many options without the need to go buy other items. Boost control, anti-lag, two step, multiple ignition patterns, yada yada yada. Other than some motech controls I am very pleased with it. All for 1500 a few sensors and I'm very pleased.

OutToWinPAHC

bunk-the-wire.gif

RoAdbOy

celigts":22ofvme5 said:
Would it be a bad thing to use an apexi safc? Would this help with my maf possibly being faulty?
:) it depends on how you use it...
I drive my car since more than 3yrs with safc. I set it self and install it self. No problems :) but it can be horrible if you don't know how... You can damage the engine.

OutToWinPAHC

celigts":uv0508dx said:
Would it be a bad thing to use an apexi safc? Would this help with my maf possibly being faulty?

I am not a fan of SAFC, but they can get the job done on a budget. I prefer other solutions such as a standalone which you can do for about 800+ depending on your level of comfortability.

OutToWinPAHC

Their job is limited, increase fuel either by MAP or MAF. So there is no fuel trim adjustment vs timing, temps or other calculated readings. So for some minor adjustments sure it can work, but they are just what they are. I used halltech in my last car (LS6/T56 swapped 240sx), and I am using AEM in the Skyline, but I think I may use the universal AEM EMS-4 in the ST185. You can pick them up for like 650 bucks, but you need to make the harness. I have to check into the type and pick ups of the trigger wheels but if they can work this is the cheapest way to standalone without megasquirt.

celigts

Well I ask about it for the reason I may get one for 100 from a buddy. But I'm interested in the aem if you find the way to make it.

RoAdbOy

celigts":li41x7qo said:
Yea that's what my buddy has told me that it can cause engine failure. From leaning it over right?
exactly :)
i'm for either the simplest one like SAFC, or a real standalone EMS like VI-PEC, Haltech, etc... :smokes:

tubasteve

RoAdbOy":2nvj3dwc said:
celigts":2nvj3dwc said:
Yea that's what my buddy has told me that it can cause engine failure. From leaning it over right?
exactly :)
i'm for either the simplest one like SAFC, or a real standalone EMS like VI-PEC, Haltech, etc... :smokes:

i was reading last night here that using the safc that because the ecu uses the maf as the way to meter fuel into the car it also dictates the amount of load and how far to advance/retard the timing based on this sensor. its heavily frowned upon for the 3sgte and that it will do more harm than good, also the power primer also mentions this i believe.

the other options were to use a fpr, or other method to help with fuel issues, im just going over what i read, i was in year OLD threads, i hate using the search as i like reading through the threads.

going to look for this....

-jr