Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:07 pm
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:45 pm
Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:22 am
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:29 pm
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 pm
masco wrote:I know hi-comp pistons will change the engines VE. At WOT I know the stock tune runs quite rich, hopefully that will be fine. In closed loop the motor should run decent.
We know that higher compression pistons need less spark advance to reach optimal combustion as the process happens quicker. Hopefully the knock control system doesn't have to intervene and reduce the fun.
So preliminary thoughts point towards helping to prevent knock.
1) Reduce temperature of intake charge
- Install Front mount intercooler
- Run ct26 at its most efficient pressure ratio
2) Reduce temperature of coolant in the jackets
- 170 Degree (cooler) thermostat
3) Remove heat from combustion chamber
- colder spark plugs
4) Maximize Quench effectiveness
- thinner headgasket to minimize air present in the quench area
The last thing might be to reduce the gap in the spark plugs to ensure a strong spark at the increase cylinder pressures.
Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:24 am
© 2018 AllTrac.net
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.