Is AFM 22250-74180 from a ST165?

FC Zach

I purchased an AFM/airbox assembly from a fellow member that's parting out his '92 to use on my '92. . . The stuff arrived and after checking everything I immediately noticed my AFM model (22250-74180) differed from the received part (22250-74200).

I intended to keep the purchased AFM as a spare but once noticing the difference and looking into it to find I've been using the wrong AFM since I've received the car (Dec. 2012), I will now be using new AFM. . assuming it functions properly.

The big question I have is. . Where does the AFM that is currently on my car (22250-74180) originally come from? ? My guess is a ST165, sound right? Also, is there any downside to using the '180 on my alltrac? If there were any negative affects from using this AFM I would imaging I'd have seen them by now. .

zaluss

FC Zach":2haxeuk6 said:
I purchased an AFM/airbox assembly from a fellow member that's parting out his '92 to use on my '92. . . The stuff arrived and after checking everything I immediately noticed my AFM model (22250-74180) differed from the received part (22250-74200).

I intended to keep the purchased AFM as a spare but once noticing the difference and looking into it to find I've been using the wrong AFM since I've received the car (Dec. 2012), I will now be using new AFM. . assuming it functions properly.

The big question I have is. . Where does the AFM that is currently on my car (22250-74180) originally come from? ? My guess is a ST165, sound right? Also, is there any downside to using the '180 on my alltrac? If there were any negative affects from using this AFM I would imaging I'd have seen them by now. .

22250-74180 is from the FWD ST162 3SGE.

8Pdm1Vy.png

I can't say for sure how it would impact performance in either scenario.

FC Zach

Holy crap! That's a big difference! Can't wait to install the correct part and see what/if an improvement is made.

underscore

The new to you AFM has the right part number for a 185, when you swap it be sure to reset the ECU in case it's learned anything based on the incorrect one.