ST165 engine harness to dash harness wiring

CollapsedNut

Just swapped a gen1 3sgte into my ST162. Almost everything is good but I've got some small things that bug me. The radiator fan stays on all the time. When I checked the circuit for the radiator temp sensor I found that the 162 side dash harness is missing the pins for that circuit. I have dug through all the BGB schematics and I cannot find this circuit so that I can wire it in.
The temp sensor in the radiator, two wires, Blue-white and a White-red. They run to the chassis connector by the ECU as seen in this picture.
OBWdAJ5m.jpg

With the lock pin of the connector facing up, they are the two pins in the bottom row, furthest right.
bGUlKthm.jpg

I need to know where they go on the chassis side harness of a ST165. If someone could even just give me the wire colors of those two pins on the chassis side that may help.

yyonline

I don't have an answer for you. However, the radiator fan is usually in the wiring diagram for the air conditioning system, if that helps you locate it.

CollapsedNut

yyonline":3vb1kwgi said:
I don't have an answer for you. However, the radiator fan is usually in the wiring diagram for the air conditioning system, if that helps you locate it.
I have found the schematic on the AC page like you suggest, but the wire colors don't match up so it makes things confusing. I don't know why they don't match, all I can figure is this harness is from an 87 and the book is for an 89. I'll probably sit down tomorrow and really think it out, cause in the end it's just a relay, and the toggle of the relay is controlled by the temp switch. I'm more concerned about if for some reason the ECU cares about this signal, and I wan't my check engine light off.

You want to know wheres on tge dash side? I'm currently apart I will take a look. But you may try shorting those two wires. It may be setup to run the fan of the ac is on.

If I read this right. If your molding the male connector with the clip side up if the bottom left. Girst one is the white/ red second is the blue/white

captaingowa

CollapsedNut":2zgg3zaj said:
Just swapped a gen1 3sgte into my ST162.
The temp sensor in the radiator, two wires, Blue-white and a White-red.
I need to know where they go on the chassis side harness of a ST165.

That 20 pin connector is called G1
Those wires from the temp sensor would go through the G1 connector and then into the A/C condenser fan amplifier.
Which by the way never came on the ST162 .. at least according to this schematic I am looking at.
It is only with vehicles that have a 3SGTE.
That temp sensor is for the Automatic Air Conditioner Computer and that is why your ST162 G1 connector is blank in that location.

Also Radiator Fan Wiring is vastly different than anything you will find in any book considering the engine harness was originally for a vehicle with the Automatic A/C.

captaingowa

CollapsedNut":vanqeko0 said:
Just swapped a gen1 3sgte into my ST162. Almost everything is good but I've got some small things that bug me. The radiator fan stays on all the time.

If you look at the "Radiator Fan Relay #1 you should have:
B-O wire which is from your EFI relay this will energize the relay coil.
LG-B wire that depending on your AC system will vary ..but ultimately becomes L-B wire and will goto a radiator fan water temp switch. When this temp switch reaches its set temp the circuit closes and the "Radiator Fan Relay #1" coil will energize. Thus..
Power will flow from the B-R wire to the Radiator Fan Motor and the fan motor is grounded via the W-B wire.

Thats it..
If it runs all the time then most likely that wire LG-B wire coming from the relay that becomes a L-B wire that ground via temp switch... is permanently grounding out.. or the Radiator fan relay is stuck closed.

I hope this helps.