ST205 ECU Help?

Veen0

I was thinking of swapping my ECU from my ST185 for an ECU of ST205, but before I do that I just have a couple of questions;

1. Would it be just a plug and play?
2. Does it have a any significant changes power wise?
3. Should I just find an aftermarket ECU to work with?

I'd like to get some of you're guys' feed back on this because I don't know too much about this.

GT4_DRED

Veen0":smje81zm said:
I was thinking of swapping my ECU from my ST185 for an ECU of ST205, but before I do that I just have a couple of questions;

1. Would it be just a plug and play?
2. Does it have a any significant changes power wise?
3. Should I just find an aftermarket ECU to work with?

I'd like to get some of you're guys' feed back on this because I don't know too much about this.

It's not as easy as that, unfortunately, or we would all be on gen3 ecu :D
You'll need:
  • Re-pin or use a 2nd gen to 3rd gen jump harness
  • 3rd gen ECU
  • 3rd gen MAP sensor
  • 3rd gen 540cc injectors
  • 3rd gen MAT sensor
  • 3rd gen ignitor
  • 3rd gen cams (recommended), or ACG for your existing cams
  • CT20b or something that will flow a bit more than the ct26 to take advantage of the upgrade to gen3 efi

I'm currently doing the same to my mr2 and those are what I used. It does enable you to bridge the cap between 2nd gen efi and standalone, while managing smaller turbo upgrades (ct27, 20g, etc..) pretty well. Most say drive-ability and overall response is improved as well. HTH

audiodjmp77

Beat me to it. Personally I would go with a standalone ecu. I will be fitting an ecumaster EMU unit in mine, then I can think about changing bits and pieces ( I have some sard 800's waiting to go in) this unit, once you have the 3s gte to EMU adapter unit should plug and play

Sent from my phone. Sorry for any mistakes