Car lacking power

alltrac801

When I installed my new shift cables I had to unplug all sorts of computer related stuff under the dash to get the shift cables through the firewall. When I got them installed and the car was running again my car was very lacking in power. Everything sounded fine but when I should have been hitting boost it just seemed like the car wasn't getting any. I kept driving it around town and after about a week the car is back to normal.

Anyone have a clue what could have happened?

alltrac801

I posted this in the EFI corner because I'm guessing something I unplugged might have put the turbo or something into a limp mode.

alltrac801

No CEL. Just no boost. nothing else was different. At the same time I did the shift cables I also removed my charcoal canister, cruise control, and installed EGR block off plates but I don't think they would have anything to do with boost.

underscore

Did you reset the ECU after making those changes? Maybe it was a bit confused without the EGR and took time to relearn.

alltrac801

I didn't reset the ECU. I was trying really hard not to unplug the ECU because I was trying to prevent anything from happening. I guess not having the EGR could have confused the ECU. I just want to avoid this from happening in the future.