SMT6 Questions!

erolit

Hey guys, i'm thinking of buying an SMT6 (on an extremly tight budget) but ive got a few questions i'd like to know the answers too before i go and get one.

Firstly, can i just grab a standard kit without a MAP sensor, and use the stock ST185 MAP sensor for all the MAP based features? I dont plan on boosting past probably 16-17psi in the near future so running off the MAP sensor scale won't be an issue.

Secondly, Perfectpower says it accepts a wideband input. Can i just go and buy a $60 bosch wideband sensor and plug that directly into the SMT6, or do i need to buy some companies full $300+ kit and plug the output from that into the SMT6?

And finally, is there any possibility of running boost control using a solenoid? Does it have any outputs to drive solenoids (even if they arent specifically designed for boost control (like can i set a bleed solenoid to open at a certain boost pressure or similar).

Also, does anyone have any second hand SMT6's they want taken off their hands :D~

Thanks guys,

Elliott

Weasy2k

hey hey hey,
VERY OLD thread but im here to answer htose questions if its not to late....

Yes most smt6 kits do not come with the map sensor anyway as far as i know...i sell them without at least...its an option to include it with...

You cannot plug in a wideband unit into the product you have to splice some wires, this is for the SMT7 only tho the smt6 needs a wideband controler first like an innovative LM1 or something with the output on it.

You can run boost contorl with soloenoid but ot easily with the smt6...again the new sSMT7 that i am still testing will be able to do this with ease :)

Contact me for any more information i will be happy to help.....now to find other posts :)

erolit

Thanks for the reply weasy.

Its been a long time since i posted that thread, and since then i've bought a TechEdge WB02 controller and a PerfectPower IFC (a really oldschool piggyback ignition and fuel computer, interestingly it looks like similar tech to the SMT6/7 in terms of fuel&ignition tuning).

Weasy2k

Yea i noticed on your other threads :) Oh well its for someone who may ask the same questions in the future.

Yea Perfect Power based there newer systems on there old...why change something when it works so well :) They just added more and more features...

Aracheon

So what exactly, caused PerfectPower to pull the SMT7?

I've read the features, and I'm kinda excited for something like this - being that our options without going standalone seem to be pretty limited anyway.

Weasy2k

Its not that PP pulled the product its that as a dealer of the product i want to make sure that it works properly before i actually start selling it to everyone so i know the possible problems that may occur and that it indeed does what its supposed vs having to deal with tons of angry people :)

More coming soon keep an eye on my website im doing quite a few updates this week, it will be posted this weekend (first of many updates)

Aracheon

Weasy2k":2t6dxlem said:
Its not that PP pulled the product its that as a dealer of the product i want to make sure that it works properly before i actually start selling it to everyone so i know the possible problems that may occur and that it indeed does what its supposed vs having to deal with tons of angry people :)

More coming soon keep an eye on my website im doing quite a few updates this week, it will be posted this weekend (first of many updates)

'ppreciate the update, man. I'll keep checkin' back. It'll be awhile before I'm ready for an EMS, so I'm hoping you have that baby ready by then. :)

Having never tuned a car before (except for tinkering with Uberdata on a Honda), how tough is it to learn this program?

Weasy2k

Hey,
it takes no time really...its fairly simple to learn it. The document that comes with the SMT7 will have the info you need to install it and go through the basic tune.