Launching RPM & ?

Does Your GT4 have the power to break traction on all 4's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't know

• Total voters

91gt4-Newbie

I ran a search and could not find this info, maybe I did it wrong :doh: . I was wondering what RPM I should launch my new GT4 at. It is a 91. No upgrading except higher flow intake and stage 2 clutch. Also, will the 4 tires break traction at takeoff? I appreciate any input. Thanx

OlyST185

i seriously think that will need much more power than only exhaust and air filter to loose traction of the 4 wheels.
on the street you need over 350-400awhp im pretty sure.

maroon_185

I persoanlly can't, my tires are kinda of wide and my clutch isn't all that freat for launching, however a local 165 that is probably aroudn 200 at the wheels can with a stage 3 clutch.

SuperWhite92

You can launch as high as you want, but there's a chance you will spin them just a little bit before moving.

I know my car spins them if I drop the clutch at 6k, but not like a 2wd car would, it just spins for a second, then catches and goes.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

btw, my car is Less than 200whp with a spec st 2

A

Anonymous

I drop it at around 5500 and the front spin a little but it's still enough to get a good jump on most fwd cars and a few rwd. My mods list is pretty short too. I wouldn't worry too much about a little spin cause it's still a hell of a lot better then if you bog it down. That hurts like hell :cry:

Zeus

You don't need much power to spin all 4 tires rather you just need a good clutch

In reality the best launch will have some wheelspin but there is a fine line between too much and just enough

I've got an old video of my car leaving four black marks in a parking lot about a year ago. Dynoed only a little over 200 awhp. If someone can host the video maybe they can post it.

slick1851

launching at 7,200 with a slight slip. I can light all 4 through all of ist bouncing off the limiter and spin a little in secound....PS I have a Dsm

Only do it once and awhile never all the time, but launching at 5,200 it will still break loose all 4.

muneo

Spin all 4 tires?! Thats easy...

Wait till it rains, run your tires bald and let er rip!

I'm pretty stock but I can chirp all the tires if I rev high enough and slip the clutch just right