Finally ran my car at the 1/8 mile, also what's your 1/8?

jlspec

I finally got the chance to run my car at the 1/8 last night. My time was 9.7 constant with a horriable reation time of .9-.8 (this is my first time running the car, not to good yet). The only mods I got on the car was a filter, and exhaust which I think doesn't help at all without the midepipe. Also the car needs a tune up, have't change the cap/rotor since the car came out of factory and the wires and plugs for about 40K miles, my car suffer heat soak while waiting to go up also (about 5-10 min wait). Does 9.7 sounds good for pretty much stock ST185. What are everyone elses 1/8 mile time for their stock ST185 or St165?

Conan

Not sure about the time for a stock trac, but 9.7 is pretty slow :) I'm guessing your launch wasn't very good. GT4 suits 1/8 much better than it does 1/4.

jlspec

Totaly forgot that I had this tread/question up :doh: . Anyway, after a tuneup of changing the plugs, cap, rotors, and wires I could feel the car run stronger + faster. I also replace the rubber throttle body connecter to intercooler (found out it leaks when car boosts: Note everyone should check thiers) and now my car has more top end power. With the difference that I can feel after these changes, I think my car should be running somewhere like 9.4 to 9.6 in the 1/8 mile. Problem is that I work late now, so I won't be able to test my car anymore :( .