90-94 eclipse gsx @ 14psi vs st165 @12psi

gpmarzan

who would win you think? i had an encounter with one tonight (a friend of mine is friends with him so ill meet him soon). first we were rolling around 20-25 him ahead of me. floored it in 2nd gear and passed him. 2nd, we were going about 40-45 me up ahead watching him through my sideview mirror. i saw that he floored it coming up real fast so i downshifted to 3rd, slowly got passed till we hit traffic and slowed down. He seems quicker than me i think. stock vs stock at those boost levels with both excellent running engines, who do you think will win?

ps. as we were nearing a red light, i rolled down my window to talk to him and i thought he would too, but he switched lanes and we got between a van. :shoots:

db

I'd vote for the GSX. They seem to be faster, psi to psi than us and he has two more on you. But your car is lighter than a 185 so who knows. :shrug:

Mafix

i know at those levels of boost my 162<----- is a damn good run...they win off the line but i get them before third. as for a gst i eat them alive...they have less traction than i do. with a gsx at 18psi or more they whip on me. but then i'm at .75 bar...not a lot of boost.

RuiSousa

I say put the beat's to it!!! lol :p On a serious note, i have been inside an automatic gsx ('92) with a 15g turbo pushing a little more than 10 psi. That thing felt about the same as my tercel did. To me, it was no comparison to my st165 at stock levels. The st165 at least put me into my seat, unlike that gsx.

slick1851

RuiSousa":2klvlpuz said:
I say put the beat's to it!!! lol :p On a serious note, i have been inside an automatic gsx ('92) with a 15g turbo pushing a little more than 10 psi. That thing felt about the same as my tercel did. To me, it was no comparison to my st165 at stock levels. The st165 at least put me into my seat, unlike that gsx.

They have 13g's and autos come with smaller injectors, and they are not as fast stock.

Autos are very slow unless they have a 14b or more, the 13g doesnt make anything for power. They come with 370cc while the man comes with 450cc.

There is a differance in the 2 :shoots:

slick1851

RuiSousa":1yvd85sj said:
I believe it was modded with bigger injectors and the bigger 15g

15G??????? What are you talking about. You mean 16G? There really is no such turbo that is used. Now3000GTs use somthing like a 15G but not 1gs.

RuiSousa

This was months ago. What the guy told me was that it (turbo) was from a manual eclipse, told me the name (apparently i forgot), and the boost went a couple psi higher because of the wastegate. He also added the bigger injectors to accomodate the additional boost. I can only go by what the guy told me as i am not into the dsm world. One thing for sure is it was boosting 10psi and fell down to about 8 by 7000rpms. Not exactly sure what that means in terms of turbo size, but that's how it was.

slick1851

Mafix":1sly23mb said:
IMO auto and turbo suck.

How is that, want to show me some proof? Did you know Autos will make full boost and not loose boost in shifts. Did you know its better for drag, and DSM people are switching over to auto.

Its also lease strain on drive train parts on a launch, dont make statments that arent true!

omgitsroy326

slick1851":32o5hl7w said:
Mafix":32o5hl7w said:
IMO auto and turbo suck.

How is that, want to show me some proof? Did you know Autos will make full boost and not loose boost in shifts. Did you know its better for drag, and DSM people are switching over to auto.

Its also lease strain on drive train parts on a launch, dont make statments that arent true!

i'm pretty sure he means when your not driving in a straight line

d1alltrac

slick1851":imit5bt7 said:
Mafix":imit5bt7 said:
IMO auto and turbo suck.

...dont make statments that arent true!

i dont mean to make it seem like we are ganging up on you but in his post he said "IMO" which makes the statement completely true.

IMO=in my opinion

but i do understand what you are trying to say about autos and drag racing :wink: the same can be seen in camaro, mustang, and supra communities.

gpmarzan

i agree that auto will be good in drag racing due to less lag, but remember what they say- "straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." plus, i like being able to control my gears when im doing autoX. Automatic likes going to them high gears.

BADNEWS

gpmarzan":386gq85d said:
who would win you think? i

No thinking here. The GSX would own you. Sorry to put it to you but they have a better turbo and wiegh less then our cars.

toayoztan

My vote goes that autos are better for drag. But my other vote goes to the fact that autos are boring. Reason being - Drag racing is relying on the car, turning is relying on the driver.

Oh and to keep this on topic, my vote goes towards the GSX (completely stock for stock, i do believe they are faster).

I don't know how credible some of you find this source to be, but if you want, go to www.car-stats.com and click on "find stats on particular car" and find your car, and the gsx. You'll find the GSX is quicker. Obviously, there's the old age factors, tune up factors, human error factors, bla bla. But i don't think we're getting technical here heh.

Bryan

KoreanJoey

That's a load of crap, the driver makes a HUGE difference in drag racing, reaction time, the launch, and keeping the car going straight is all in the driver, don't knock drag racers because they have fast cars.