Curiousity in Widebody Fenders

CrazyAchmed

Being a former 3000GT/Stealth enthusiast, I've watched the platform grow from next to no real nice body mods to having some very nice options to keep the car relatively stock in appearance(no gawdy bodykits here) with the introduction of the Cianci Performance Wide Body Fenders.

http://cianciperformance.com/exterior/fenders/3000gt/

Now onto my point.

Since Mafix lives practially at my house, and then I live at his house(since my GF lives there aswell) I have access to a parts car, mainly a nice shell thats not completely tore the hell up, and a nice set of fenders that are sitting in my garage taking up space because he never seems like taking them with him when he meets up with the guy who at one point in time wanted them(very nice too. Straighter than a stock fender.)

So, while spending another long drive out on the road, I was wondering how hard could it be to make a set of fenders similar to the ones that Cianci makes for the 3/S platform?

Well, with access to the nice stocker fenders, and a little bit of elbow grease, I think I could make them myself, or with Mafix's help.If they came out right would anybody else be interested in these? I'm not going for the big 'Body kit and neons look' just something a little more updated and modernized for the ST16x platform. Sorry 5th gens, I just don't like the 5th gen at all, and I have no access to a set of fenders/a car to test fit them on(granted, Mafix's car is all molded into one giant piece. Carlos aka Silence on here has an All Trac that I want some kinda bad thats in prestine shape and a good canidate for this)

I think my first attempt would be just a mock-up to see what I could do, and then after that I would attempt to make a mold, then just get rid of the stock fender entirely, and make a complete replacement fender, complete with mounting holes and the whole nine yards.

As for the rear of the car, I am still tring to figure out how I could accomplish that. I haven't quite learned how they moved the gas filler neck around to completely remove the fuel door, and mouting that inside the car does not appeal to me, unless it was a straight up race car(every bit of wind resistance helps I guess)

I'm not looking to get flamed for this, just expressing my ideas, and wondering if this thought has ever crossed someone elses mind, and what the rest of the groups opinion is on this. I would probably only try to extend the fender slightly to also accomidate a slightly wider rim(more traction the better right?) and more tire.

Mafix when you read this, I am taking your fenders as rent for the space they are taking up in the garage! Harrharr. And to see if I can figure out a way to do this.

PS I'll try not to destroy them.

CMS-GT4

We were talking about some wider fenders for the alltrac here. Maybe this thread will give you some ideas.

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... c&start=75

165wbconcept1kt.jpg

SuperWhite92

I don't think the look of the 3S widebody kit matches the stock lines of the ST165 body at all, also the ST165 has somewhat wider fenders than a ST162 as well, and IMO, they fit the body perfectly.

My opinion is that they wouldn't fit the body lines correctly, and like all the poorly made body kits, try to change the car's shape, instead of enhancing what is already there.

Mafix

don't f'up those fenders...if ricardo would ever call me they would be gone...

I don't think too many of the alltrac guys are into the body modification that we like to do...i've heard no big complaints about modding but not too many seem to want to take this route.

CrazyAchmed

SuperWhite92":1sof92vv said:
I don't think the look of the 3S widebody kit matches the stock lines of the ST165 body at all, also the ST165 has somewhat wider fenders than a ST162 as well, and IMO, they fit the body perfectly.

My opinion is that they wouldn't fit the body lines correctly, and like all the poorly made body kits, try to change the car's shape, instead of enhancing what is already there.

The idea wasn't to make the 3S fenders go onto the ST16x body. That 'd just be stupid. It was to make fenders that had the same look. Not the nice bubbly roundness on an already boxy car.

d1alltrac

___Scott___":27f57fyr said:
From this thread:
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... c&start=15

I this like what you are thinking?
gt2celica8mj.jpg

I like the look, but I'm not sure how it would work on the street, as a daily driver. You could certainly cover up some wide tires with those fenders though.

i would seriously consider buying somthing like that for a project car...i think it would look really good if somehow an alltrac bumper was molded in.....im happy with stock for my street car though

Maloy

SuperWhite92":m52t2vo9 said:

The 162 and 165 fenders are identical. I have 162 fenders on my trac right now.

CMS-GT4

d1alltrac":3tjdf2su said:
CMS-GT4":3tjdf2su said:
We were talking about some wider fenders for the alltrac here. Maybe this thread will give you some ideas.

165wbconcept1kt.jpg

whoa how did i miss this one earlier? this car without the wing looks better than anything i have ever seen in my life (granted i mean if it were cleaned up a little bit)

Its based off the caddy cts race car.
I think those flares and molded front bumper would look great on a 165.

20incher

Earlier today i worked on my st165 with a friend of mine who owns a widebody mr2 (baktasht) so later on when i was batheing my baby i noticed she would look awesome with a widebody kit. The body already has the "shape" that would look amazing (as shown in figure 1.0) if it was 2" wider, with the door set back. If anyone brought these to the market, i'd be all over it. Till then ill lust or try and make my own.

hinkle

CMS-GT4":a6qtl4rw said:
d1alltrac":a6qtl4rw said:
CMS-GT4":a6qtl4rw said:

165wbconcept1kt.jpg

whoa how did i miss this one earlier? this car without the wing looks better than anything i have ever seen in my life (granted i mean if it were cleaned up a little bit)

Its based off the caddy cts race car.
I think those flares and molded front bumper would look great on a 165.

is this a photoshop or a real car?? a few months ago we had a guy in that makes fiberglass molds to make hoods/fenders etc... it really dont matter if its real or w/e but given enuff intrest n if i can talk to this guy again he will make a mold for im guessing like $1000 dont quote me thou, but also ive been playin w/ fiberglass a little bit on austen_gt4's car nothing big like a fender but even like mafixstealth id try n make something n see what i, myself can do w/o this guys help, but i just dont have the mold knowledge like this guy does

BlazeKing

Haven't posted for along time, I have a set off prototype molds I made for flares that are pretty similar in style to the Caddilac CTS photoshop job. I made the flares out of blue foam and then made a fibreglass mold on top of that. I have yet to make a flare in the mold. You might see something from me in a month or so. I was distracted by my new car for the past 6 months..... :D

MacGyver

in about 4 weeks ill have my alltrac. i have simmilar plans to cut up some stock fenders off a gt and just let the stock fenders breath alittle with a nice 3 inches added on. likewise in the rear of the car i am going to bring it out about 3.5 inches but im not making it fancy, just a nice flowing bodyline that molds flush. the rear will be made out of fiberglass and foam. after i finish ill show u guys some pics and tell ya if it was worth it or not

d1alltrac

check out hideki's thread in the gallery, the title is something like "165 w/ 255/40/17"..he has pics of his widebody pimpness. :smokes: