rsxtypes/golf/alltrac.

alltracshoak

dude.just race my friends rsx type s and a golf turbo. shiet, my car ran hella slow. hahah..could barely keep up..i got a gutted cat,3'' mid,3'' hks silent hi power. not boosting. sucks. try boosting at 10 psi, car feels a whole lot stronger. any suggestion what can be wrong?also, with boosting, could barely keep up with the rsx type s.mines a 92 st185.

Conan

Why do you think something is wrong? :) The car is heavy and 4WD. And I wouldn't call 10 psi "boost" :twisted:

alltracshoak

haha..i know..i wanted to run 14 but then i was scare to turn up the boost higher. it's ok though, i had a bad launch and misshift my second gear. i was running on some heave chrome 17''.

alltracshoak

haha..just got rid of the rim. got some 15's on it now and man, i tried launching it in the rain and it was like burnin out..haha..imma race my friend again on sunny day. oh yeah i think the golf was a 1.8 t or something..shoot..i couldnt even catch up too..but then when i turn up the boost,i hanged on to my friends rsx. the golf couldnt hang with the rsx. i would probably take the golf out.

alltracshoak

i was runnin 10psi. sometimes the cut off even comes on at 12 or so. i guess how many psi i was running was near cut off.

alltracshoak

man..i need new clutch so i can get a good launch..anybody knows anywhere that sells lightweight flywheel for a decent price/good quality?i think im going to put back my act heavy duty pp and mod.street disc on again..need a flywheel.

d1alltrac

nothing to be ashamed about, stock RSX-S's were advertised at like 14.8 in the 1/4 while stock alltracs were advertised at 15.6. and a friend of mine just got a golf gti, i dont think i could beat him in my trac...unless it was on snow/gravel/ice/water/etc :wink:

alltracshoak

just raced my friends 92 integra. bone stock..shoot, i only took him out like a car length.race my friends 99civic si.barely took him out too..i dont know.wat's up with my car..run shitty.

Razzo

thats weird....i've raced a integra type-r, he pinned it thought traffic, punching it all the way, i found a gap and just pulled, i was reeling him in, it would of been some serious walking away from, the look on his face as i passed him going like 200 :D priceless.
Also it turned out that the type-r had some headwork done, and a couple other goodies, which made me happy :D

Refyused

d1alltrac":2cfxluet said:
nothing to be ashamed about, stock RSX-S's were advertised at like 14.8 in the 1/4 while stock alltracs were advertised at 15.6. and a friend of mine just got a golf gti, i dont think i could beat him in my trac...unless it was on snow/gravel/ice/water/etc :wink:

The GTI's aren't 1.8t's ;)

d1alltrac

Refyused":63pfi5v1 said:
d1alltrac":63pfi5v1 said:

hmm, thats weird. cause this guy i know has one of the 25th anniversary or whatever GTI's and it is definately a 1.8t :shrug:

SuperWhite92

Refyused":1zek0e5c said:
d1alltrac":1zek0e5c said:

Not always, but they're more common than the GTI VR6. Only the '06.5+ GTI's have the 2.0T here as well.

alltracshoak

my car feel weird. back then with my old stock 150,--- mile engine, it ran perfectly. i ran a 14.7 at the track. now with my jdm engine, i couldnt even keep up with the rsx.me and my rsx friend went and time his car at the track and ran a 14.7 too.i guess its my motor. just dont satisfy me enough like my engine that start blowing smoke..

d1alltrac

alltracshoak":3auzyiby said:
my car feel weird. back then with my old stock 150,--- mile engine, it ran perfectly. i ran a 14.7 at the track. now with my jdm engine, i couldnt even keep up with the rsx.me and my rsx friend went and time his car at the track and ran a 14.7 too.i guess its my motor. just dont satisfy me enough like my engine that start blowing smoke..

there are alot of possible explantaions for that...off the top of my head i think its a possiblity that the old motor had lots of carbon build up which basically raises the CR and the JDM is probably low mileage with little carbon build up, the higher CR would make it slightly more powerful :shrug: i dont know how noticable a difference that small would be though .....either that or there might be something wrong with the "new" engine. you say it feels weird, how does it run? how much boost are you running? was the old motor on stock boost? this could go on forever.

alltracshoak

haha..yeah. i ran a 14.7 with my old motor boosting at 13psi.with stock everything except a act heavy duty clutch setup.now the new one, i feel like the launch sucks,doesnt grab well,doesnt smoke other cars like before when i use to dust civic swaps.now i think i cant. i feel bad about my car..anyways, haha.just laff on it.it's my first car i ever had and went through a motor already.it's one heck of a car too.

d1alltrac

alltracshoak":2q9w4950 said:
haha..yeah. i ran a 14.7 with my old motor boosting at 13psi.with stock everything except a act heavy duty clutch setup.now the new one, i feel like the launch sucks,doesnt grab well,doesnt smoke other cars like before when i use to dust civic swaps.now i think i cant. i feel bad about my car..anyways, haha.just laff on it.it's my first car i ever had and went through a motor already.it's one heck of a car too.

so have you raised the boost to 13psi on the new motor? did you swap the clutch over onto the new one? could explain why it doesnt feel as good as the old one.