Could this mean what I think it means...

Are my prayers being answered?

• The triumphant return!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You are dreaming child.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

d1alltrac

CMS-GT4":2c2tkwgs said:
Is it me, or does those front wheels look wide for that car?

maybe a hint to the performance?

and i didnt notice that little mini scoop before, i guess there is hope after all. i wont hold my breath though.

CMS-GT4

2088.jpg

2089.jpg

2090.jpg

2091.jpg

Fraggle

well i was interested for the first few paragraphs, it sounded pretty badass. until i read about integrated tv's, led spokes, different color forlights, and standard lambo doors. thats just a little bit overkill to me. and i am sure that if all these ideas are incorporated, these may be cool for like the first month, but then everyone and their brother will own one and they will be nothing special.

and then the pics-i liked the teaser pic. but thats just, shit i dunno, i just really dont like it.

DangerViking

I was willing to ignore the pics while I read the article, but it didn't talk about what I would care about (non-FWD, forced induction, suspension setup, etc.). Going on and on about fancy features that aren't worth it and would break within a year anyway... when will they learn?

oh well, it was nice to hope for a little while

DangerViking

CMS-GT4":1vglopoe said:
I almost bet it will be toyotas version of the srt4.

I'd have no problem with that at all if it weren't FWD :) I've been saying for some time that Toyota/Scion would make a killing on a decent turbo car similar to the SRT-4. I may not buy one, but it makes money sense

holy blind spot batman!

i spose the production would have less blind-ness??

i've been hoping and hoping they return to the wrc, since they've lost some factory teams and all. if they made a 2-door hatch awd turbo corolla like the one in the picture...well that'd be awfully nice. someone needs to put an end to sebastien loeb and his reign of citroen terror!

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":3om8kz3m said:

WOW.. looks like they took the APC catalog and went crazy..

1. Lower grill simulates a FMIC - giving that intercooler "effect" (looks like Frantz was right)

2. Purple "city" lights..

3. Tiny "race car style" side mirrors..

4. Not quite Lambo-style doors

5. Hood scoop

It looks like they took the wheels off the last generation Chevy Cavalier.. The odd rear end reminds me of a 1940 Ford Coupe and the roof looks like they came up with a variation on the "sky view" windows from a Nissan Quest..

But hey.. thats just my take on it.. :shrug:

CMS-GT4

I did a quick photoshop.

If it looked more like this, was awd or rwd, turbo'ed to produce ~300hp and weighted less than 3,000lbs. I would be interested.

scionconcept4ls.jpg

I don't know if anyone posted about this or not, but it doesn't look good...

Scion's website has a write-up about it and it appears that it will be offered with the 2AZ-FE like the tC. This means that it will most likely be FWD as well. Oh well, with all that electronics crap the thing will probably weigh more than an All-Trac anyway. Maybe if they took that crazy rear bench out of the thing they'd be able to fit a real drivetrain in there.

patch

its a 2.4 litter 160 hp at 5400 rpm car looks too cool to ever be made like it is now. rear hatch slides up to open. but keep on wishing

d1alltrac

i knew it was too good to be true :doh: and after seeing those pics and reading the press release i too have lost interest.

i guess we all just have to hope for the corolla. but for some reason i feel like there isnt that great of a chance of toyota getting back into the cars we all want because of their whole thing with subaru now. i mean since they technically own a large part of subaru i think they would probably just have more input on the subaru's that already have the platform that we want.

IDK, i was thinking about it a while back but i hope im wrong.

toayoztan

At the end of the video, he mentions he'd like to hear what the people have to say about it.

Okay..give us a good base or platform with the engine to work with. For starters, a stock turbo.

Second, RWD or AWD.

Otherwise, i lost interest in this car as well.

Bryan

theUNYTEDone

i think that photo shop looks very nice...but as for that bench in the back, yes it needs to come off...toyota can't TRULY combine "ass" hauling and performance...however, the photoshop edit reminds me of the newer MR2's...very nice.

GMan

Well now i am over the confusion. :)
The Fuse does not excite me.

Would the Caldina or any AWD set up fit in a TC ? :)
That would be Interesting !

I'll hold out some Hope that the WRC Corolla may make it.

Regards;
-----------------