Fuel Presure Regulato

MARLON1211

can i buy an aftermarket FPR, Install it in our stock specification, for the future mods. Just wanted to have one and that for my future fuel mods. Is this possible and can it be tune down to our stock pressure spec. Hopefully i made sense. 90ST185. By the way i did install a Supra fuel pump allready.

GT4TOY

How I hooked mine up is leaving the stock FPR where it is, removing the vac hose from it, ran the fuel line from the stock one to my aftermarket one. (the aftermarket one just had and input and output for fuel lines)

This is just temporary until I get the rest of the fuel stuff sorted on the car, but it does work quite well. I've had it like that for a few months now with no problems.

MARLON1211

Gus am not familiar in installing one of this is this almost the same thing as an aftermarket set up, i know its has two hoses that attached to the FPR, can i just follow the old set up lines and install it like that. The one am getting has a gauge installed into it. And how am i going to tune it to a regular stock specs.

ChrisD

No it isn't exactly a direct swap. You will need to run a fuel hose from the rail to the FPR, and mount the FPR somewhere else. I have mine mounted on the strut brace.

Here is a good write up on what is needed and how to do it: http://www.trueleo.com/fpr.htm

:)

ChrisD

Here's a pic...engine is *really* dirty, but what can ya do.

meet12.jpg

enzytebob

gt4toy":388ux8qi said:
How I hooked mine up is leaving the stock FPR where it is, removing the vac hose from it, ran the fuel line from the stock one to my aftermarket one. (the aftermarket one just had and input and output for fuel lines)

This is just temporary until I get the rest of the fuel stuff sorted on the car, but it does work quite well. I've had it like that for a few months now with no problems.

There's a step missing here. The stock FPR has 3 ports, the feed directly from the rail, the return line and the vac hose. The vac hose and return line can easily be transferred to the new fpr. How did you transfer the fuel feed from the rail-to old fpr to the new fpr since this part is screwed down to the rail?

GT4TOY

gt4toy wrote:

There's a step missing here. The stock FPR has 3 ports, the feed directly from the rail, the return line and the vac hose. The vac hose and return line can easily be transferred to the new fpr. How did you transfer the fuel feed from the rail-to old fpr to the new fpr since this part is screwed down to the rail?

I left it there, ran a line from the original FPR (the line that would normally be a fuel return) to the input of the aftermarket FPR and then ran the return line to the original connector.

Its not the best, I'm going to get an adaptor in the future so I can remove the stock FPR, but hey it works. :D

Just make sure you remove the vac hose from the OEM FPR otherwise you would be running 2 in serial (which might not be a problem)

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

Just something which hasn't been mentioned ehre yet. With the fuel regulator. it has to be a rising rate one at 1:1 pressure right? Looking into a malpassi unit.