shipping gt-four from japan?

A

Anonymous

got a question. i own a 1991 celica gt-four (as if my username didn't give it away), and i want to ship it from japan to the united states? does anyone have any info. on if this is possible and how i would go about doing it? i have heard there is some mods required, does anyone know who in the states can do them for me? just any info you have would be great. thanks a bunch

check out my cardomain site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/797981

tyler[/img]

wizzards581

i dont see why not when honda owners can. probably jus go through the same they do too. as long as we have the same motors here in the states, its possible.

Gary

JDM engine has no EGR. So, if you are moving to CA or some places that have visual inspection, and if they are strict, it will be a problem.

wizzards581

Gary":vxdi4o0y said:
JDM engine has no EGR. So, if you are moving to CA or some places that have visual inspection, and if they are strict, it will be a problem.

just add them... why not if its worth.

jdm honda doesnt have evap... when we do here for honda. just add them and get it legal... thats it. but not just the emission, its brake, light, etc.. inspection as well for safety.

Gary

wizzards581":1hf6ldod said:
Gary":1hf6ldod said:

just add them... why not if its worth.

jdm honda doesnt have evap... when we do here for honda. just add them and get it legal... thats it. but not just the emission, its brake, light, etc.. inspection as well for safety.
Take a look at a JDM head and EGR setup and you will know it's doesn't worth it.
You cannot just bolt it there.
Like I said, if the inspector knows what they are doing, you won't pass.
Why would you wanna bring an ST185 in here?
It is available here. ST205 is more worth to try.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the info fellas. also, i changed my background on car domain site. well, i live in Ky, and there are no safety inspections or smog tests or anything...

but i will look into it further and let you all know what i find out.

i just think it would be cool to have a jdm st185 in the states, because it's right hand drive and it has such low mileage. it has such potential with looks and speed modifications. right now i don't want to do any mods to it just because if i can't take it back then what's the point you know?

tyler

Gary

wizzards581":1x5t5le6 said:
i would try a 94-95 st205 and ref it as a mr2 because thats the last 3sgte we have here in US.
3rd gen 3sgte has never made in here.
All MR2 turbo in the US got 2nd gen 3sgte.

A

Anonymous

ok here is what i found out. i found out that because i am in the military the governemt will ship it for free, however, i would have to get a registered importer (which i found a list of them on www.nhtsa.dot.gov) to do all the mods. and they won't ship it until a contract between me and the R.I. is drawn up. i found no one who is willing to do it for me, mostly because it involves crash testing and petitions, and thousands of dollars, and it's not even a guarantee it will pass inspection. It's a big headache that they all said i should not even try to do it. If anyone wants any more details about this let me know...

Tyler

wizzards581

Gary":2hkmypmo said:
wizzards581":2hkmypmo said:
i would try a 94-95 st205 and ref it as a mr2 because thats the last 3sgte we have here in US.
3rd gen 3sgte has never made in here.
All MR2 turbo in the US got 2nd gen 3sgte.

swap it back since its still an OBD1.
i would if i had a chance of gettin a st205 ship for free.

i see so many RHD Honda in the states and no Toyotas. i dont see why we shouldnt take the chance.