baseline 1/4

2epWRC

Well, I took the car out the track last night just to get a stock baseline before mods start happening.

2.3 - '60
16.6@81 mph - 1/4

*edit* These numbers were with a bad boost leak that I created while cleaning the intercooler. Turbo to intercooler pipe had torn and didn't know it. Car runs alot better now, but it's for sale, so the 1 trip to the track is all it's gonna get. :)

turbo4wd

I'd say thats fairly accurate for a bone stock 165..

I ran a 15.6 at Fontana when I first got my 185 years ago, and that was with the boost turned up to .8bar with a mbc. Other than that my car was bone stock.

I noticed your in Memphis.. Where's the major (or minor) track at? I'll be moving to the middle TN area in about a month or so.. Hopefully the rebuild and tune on my 185 will be done by then..

2epWRC

I go to Memphis Motorsports Park in millington. It's an NHRA certifed track and usually get the Fuel cars late in the year. Jackson, TN has one of the nicest places around. Killer facility, and lots of really nice and dedicated racers. No ricers. Anything farther east of me I'm not real sure of. Middle TN would be close to Bowling Green, and that track up there is world famous for it's nostagia classes and really, really beautiful track surrounded by trees and really close stands. :)

SuperWhite92

I've been able to get a 2.1xx on a stock clutch, albeit it was a 185.

I ran a 15.74 with a 2.2xx 60' as my best with an all-stock 185 at a mile above sea level.

You should be able to get your times a bit lower, but it looks like its just your driving, as opposed to an issue with the car.

etantshi

SuperWhite92":28vyhtqn said:
I ran a 15.74 with a 2.2xx 60' as my best with an all-stock 185 at a mile above sea level.

You should be able to get your times a bit lower, but it looks like its just your driving, as opposed to an issue with the car.

Exactly what I ran. 15.7

RafaCalde

i only got a 15.1@91 in mine. CS motor with 3" exhaust and boosting 15 lbs. i figure that's about right for my car atleast. bone stock motor with just an exhaust and slightly higher than stock boost.

SuperWhite92

RafaCalde":1tv8s48w said:
i only got a 15.1@91 in mine. CS motor with 3" exhaust and boosting 15 lbs. i figure that's about right for my car atleast. bone stock motor with just an exhaust and slightly higher than stock boost.

You should be able to go faster than that. I hit a 14.6 at 11psi with a stock motor, 46T upgrade, and a 2.5" dp (stock exhaust)

muneo

You guys should be lucky that you can even time your car. I crunch hard in second and a little in third cuz my syncros are probably gone. I can only enjoy midrange power...any higher in the RPMS under WOT and my tranny starts fartin... :cry:

SuperWhite92

muneo":o9mkibjj said:
You guys should be lucky that you can even time your car. I crunch hard in second and a little in third cuz my syncros are probably gone. I can only enjoy midrange power...any higher in the RPMS under WOT and my tranny starts fartin... :cry:

That's too bad. I ran my 14.6 with a self-destructing 2nd gear. The working tranny is going back in tomorrow morning, and then I'm off to hit 13's. (I've added 6 psi, a working 2nd gear, a full 3" catless exhaust, and an ARC TMIC since the 14.6)