Hi from birmingham uk

alwayzsidewayz

Hi all,

member of the uk sites thought I would venture over here!! 8)

I own a 1988 ST165.
Car3.jpg

She has only 2 owners, 96k miles on the clock, she was standard when I got the car.

Engine wise, she has a full exhaust and downpipe system, a blitz filer, custom alloy rad, hybrid turbo, FCD and manual boost controller. est power 210bhp.

I am still on the std shox and springs, I have uprated the brakes, I run a 185 single pot caliper set up at the front, with aftermarket, pads, discs, hose and fluid.

Wheel wise I run 17"x7.5" rims with 205 40 17" tyres.

Body work features complete de badge, custom hand cut wing and bonnet vents, modifield front bumper with further custom mods to come.

She features a fair bit of Ice and styling products inside as well.

Last year she took part in a magazine group thrash for gt4s and ran 15.4sec qtr, with a slipping clutch.

I hope you like her and I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Some fantastic info on 165s on this site :wink:

Cheers

Richard

Gary ST165

Hi Rich,

big hello to the owner of probably the cleanest 165 in the UK 8)

enjoy your stay here buddy.

regards.

G.

alwayzsidewayz

whatcha matey!!!, its thanks to your links in your sigs I am here lol!!

Cheers for the comment re the car. :wink: I have now got the body work cleaner than my 06 reg golf!lol

Looking forward to seeing further info re your project.

Many thanks for the HG btw.

Lots of great info and ideas on this site!!

GMan

Hi Richard;

The car Looks Great !
Enjoy the board. We have a few UK owners here.

"Dave" is in Leeds, he post sometime.

Regards;

alwayzsidewayz

Cheers for replys guys,

re the vents, they were custom cut outs, done by hand after loads of measuring, for the hood I wanted to release some off the latent heat over the turbo, so cut out in the sections just over the tub.

The wing was free hand, and links to a duct leading to the gap in the inner wing for my filter, tbh its more show than go, but I figure it matches the other vent! 8)

I am enjoying reading all about the 165s on here!!!