How much to trust tirerack?

Indy3sgte

If tire rack says it will fit the car does that mean it will :shrug:

I found some that I like that are 18 x 7.5 w/+40 offset

tire rack sayt they fit...any ideas?

mtbgael

Can't say yes or no. I do know customer service is TOP NOTCH, and I got my Kumho MXs in LESS than 24 hours of ordering them. They'll get my business from now on. Just give them a call and ask if they're sure.

Gary

I've never had any problem with Tirerack before.
I ordered 2 set of tires in the past and their service are A+++++
Like he said, call them and talk to real people there.
What tire size do they recommend, or do you order just the wheel only?

RIalltrac

tirerack actually called me when I ordered tires for my 17's because the size of the tire didnt jive with the stock specs of the car I entered when I first setup my acct., pretty good catch if you ask me. A lot of other places would have just put the order through without thinking about it.

roo

I had a recent experience with a customer who custom ordered some wheels from tirerack. He ordered them with a "super black coat." They came in and tire rack demanded an additional $400 for them because they made a mistake in thinking the special color was not an additional fee.

The customer contacted me a few months back for the wheels but he wanted me to price match tire rack's price for the wheels which didn't include the special color fee. (an additional $100 per wheel for super black coating) I told him they were probably making a mistake, he agreed but decided to try to purchase through them anyways....

Bottom line was, the wheels arrives, tire rack realized their mistake and refused to honor the price that was given to the customer....

It's not good customer service and it shows that their representatives lack neccesary knowlege of the products and pricing...

Griffin

I got my wheels tires, lugs, and wheellocks from them - the service was great!

They did forget my wheel locks, but I called them - told them, and even though the invoice showed they shipped them they sent another set to me next day air, no questions asked.

Definitely was satisfied and I will buy from them again.

On the other hand I was also very satisfied with the service from Bulletproof when I got my Jspeed front strut bar - they were very friendly and helpful.

Wolf

My wheel's I ordered from tire rack showed up yesterday on schedule.

There customer service was top notch. I'm going to buy wheel's from them again for the wife's Highlander.

Just hope my tires show up today. (different company)

SBCelicaGT

roo":32p6sx7n said:
I had a recent experience with a customer who custom ordered some wheels from tirerack. He ordered them with a "super black coat." They came in and tire rack demanded an additional $400 for them because they made a mistake in thinking the special color was not an additional fee.

The customer contacted me a few months back for the wheels but he wanted me to price match tire rack's price for the wheels which didn't include the special color fee. (an additional $100 per wheel for super black coating) I told him they were probably making a mistake, he agreed but decided to try to purchase through them anyways....

Bottom line was, the wheels arrives, tire rack realized their mistake and refused to honor the price that was given to the customer....

It's not good customer service and it shows that their representatives lack neccesary knowlege of the products and pricing...

I call bullshit on this one dude. Working in sales right now, I'm gonna go with Tirerack on this one. Mistakes happen, and that's life. To try and take advantage of a mistake and then have Tirerack call you on it, does NOT warrant poor customer service.

$400 is a crapload of money. Considering we don't know the whole story, the only thing that Tire Rack should have done was express some sort charity towards the customer in the form of either small credit towards a second order, or perhaps discounted shipping.

My experience with Tire Rack is limited. I ordered a set of tires, and recieved them in a timely fashion so I have been pretty happen with them thus far.

roo

SBCelicaGT":33q9dj15 said:
I call bullshit on this one dude. Working in sales right now, I'm gonna go with Tirerack on this one. Mistakes happen, and that's life. To try and take advantage of a mistake and then have Tirerack call you on it, does NOT warrant poor customer service.

$400 is a crapload of money. Considering we don't know the whole story, the only thing that Tire Rack should have done was express some sort charity towards the customer in the form of either small credit towards a second order, or perhaps discounted shipping.

My experience with Tire Rack is limited. I ordered a set of tires, and recieved them in a timely fashion so I have been pretty happen with them thus far.

What do you mean by "I call bullshit on this one" Adrian? I actually phoned tirerack at the time to check that the customer was telling the truth. (we need to verify all price quotes before we match them or beat them) The tirerack rep i spoke with quoted me the same price even when I pointed out that it was a "special coat option that SSR offers." The rep still insisted the price wasn't affected by this.

After this incident, I had two other customers from the same boards (the rx-8 forums) call me up with the same issue. One of them ended purchasing the wheels through Bulletproof, the other one attempted to order through tirerack. The next day I recieved a call from the guy who attempted to order the wheels through tire rack and he said they cancelled his order because of the mistake.

here's part of the story:
http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t ... ge=3&pp=15

Anyhow, tire rack specializes in wheels and tires....if they can't give correct price quotes on the wheels they sell, what does that say about their product knowlege?

BTW, it's not legal for a company to sell you a product, have you pay for it, recieve an invoice........and then 3 months later when the product arrives they turn around and tell you they made a mistake and you owe an additional $400. Reguardless of legality or the difference in price, they need to honor the price they sold the product for... it's called customer service.....not "bullshit."

SuperWhite92

I would have to say that tire rack was satisfactory at best with my single experience. It took 2 re-ships to get my Kumho's to me in the correct size.

1) Wrong size...
2)Ship back....
3) wrong size...
4) ship back...
5)Correct size....
6) me whining about having to wait 2 and a half weeks to get my tires in the right size, not to mention being inconvenienced to run to the UPS store to ship back the tires at my expense.... although I did get reimbursed at the end.

While a lot of people say good things about them. I wouldn't order from them again personally. Especially if I was in a time crunch.

alltracman78

roo":2om0hgr1 said:
BTW, it's not legal for a company to sell you a product, have you pay for it, recieve an invoice........and then 3 months later when the product arrives they turn around and tell you they made a mistake and you owe an additional $400. Reguardless of legality or the difference in price, they need to honor the price they sold the product for... it's called customer service.....not "bullshit."

I would have to agree on this one. Once you sell somthing, it's sold, regardless of wheather or not you charged the correct price.

illGT4

I have personally been shopping with TireRack for many, many years.

We also have a business acount, with a killer killer discount.

Never, ever a problem. Even overnighted equipment we needed for track events overnight for free.

Discount Tire is also a very good company. I been using TireRack more recently.

GMan

I ordered 15" rims, got a set of 16" delivered.
I already had snows tires to put on, or
I would have considered keeping them.
Took 2 weeks for them to be picked up.
Even longer to get a credit. I am debatiing
whether to try ordering from them again.

Mistakes happen, but makes you think twice before
trying again.

Regards;