15.7 and 2nd pass (now with vid!)

Sleeka_89

How many runs down the quarter did you do before the run in the video?? Is you clutch on the way out or was is just really hot cause you were slipping quite abit in second gear by the sound of things, thats probably why your 60 footers are all that flash either and thats probably where your lost time is. Smashing the gears abit harder would help ya alot. Just think if you can change .1 of a second quicker each gear... it all adds up to a better time.

RafaCalde

even so man. all the stuff you have done to the car should more than make up for poor launches and blown struts. i average 15.4@89 in florida heat and humidity

r/t - .719
60' - 2.135
330 - 6.284
1/8 - 9.706
mph - 71.65
1000 - 12.648
1/4 - 15.123
mph - 91.11

this was my best run ever this past april with track temp at like 75 with high humidity. all i have is a gutted CAT, ghettofied 3" exhaust, MBC spiking 15 lbs running 11 constant, and a ACT street kits(ACT plate and OEM disc). that's also with the spare and various other crap that was in the car plus i weigh 300 lbs.

Simba

Judging by the cloud of gray smoke coming out the back, you're either running pig rich or nuking your clutch.

That's very slow for the level of modification. What kind of boost were you running?

etantshi

I have an autozone stock clutch. My spec stage III grenaded itself.

I think it's a decent run... I mean I have a super restrictive exhaust (it is literally crushed next to the x member), and I run super rich on the top end. The g-force ecu is tuned for a T67 with 550cc injectors.

Simba

etantshi":12xhnfmj said:
I mean I have a super restrictive exhaust (it is literally crushed next to the x member), and I run super rich on the top end.

That'll do it. Fix those issues and you'll go a lot faster.

2of81

etantshi":10qq0jjp said:
r/t....................696
1/8...................10.088
mph.................71.26
1/4...................15.700
MPH..................86.28

I have a vid that I'll post soon.

Yea it's in the launch, my bone stock car ran a 2.09 60' with a 15.58 @ 85.69 mph...Your MPH is a hair higher than mine stock...so that tells you where you are in HP about the same

TheAutoholic

Try your next run with an open dp, and see what that gets you. If you really think you are losing that much power with the exaust problem, this should help. Then we can go from there.

2of81

TheAutoholic":3cc1y5zj said:
Try your next run with an open dp, and see what that gets you. If you really think you are losing that much power with the exaust problem, this should help. Then we can go from there.

Also on top of that a correct A/F ratio tuning would go far from there! I know André will get it all done right before it's all said and done.

TheAutoholic

2of81":m6xua1k0 said:
TheAutoholic":m6xua1k0 said:

Also on top of that a correct A/F ratio tuning would go far from there! I know André will get it all done right before it's all said and done.
Yeah, he needs a friend with a wide band.

maxaud

I put a stage-3 clutch (6 puck w/ sprung hub) in my red-trac and it was like night and day compared to the stock clutch, you really don't think it'll do much but it was amazing after I had it put in.

On a side note:
I couldn't help but laugh a little at the Neon.

etantshi

maxaud":28ke9muz said:
I put a stage-3 clutch (6 puck w/ sprung hub) in my red-trac and it was like night and day compared to the stock clutch, you really don't think it'll do much but it was amazing after I had it put in.

On a side note:
I couldn't help but laugh a little at the Neon.

Just an update...

that neon was a friend of mine. A goof ball, but no racer. He did it as a joke. lol You weren't the only one laughing.

I had the AFR checked a bit after that run (before the motor blew from ruptured coolant line) and I was running around the 9.0 area. The 550s with the g-force ecu was way too much for the supra ct26. I probably could have saved a good half second by getting those under control.

Anyway that's old news.