Alltracs vs Skylines

Nate82

One of my mates asked me the other day if my 185 could beat stock Skylines yet, and to be perfectly honest i had no idea :shrug:

I've got a broad idea of how my car might run the 1/4 (never dyno'd or actually bothered to time a drag), but i've no idea how fast stock Skylines are (any of them minus the GTR - i know how frikkin fast those things are).

I've had a brief browse of the net but cant find factory 1/4 times for any of the R32/3 GTS-Ts etc.

Anyone know offhand how quick they are? I'd quite like to know how i'd do against one (theoretically of course).

SuperWhite92

We'd more than likely lose if we're talking GT-R Skylines.

Every GT-R has 280hp, compared to our 200 (225) and a lot of the GT-R's were underrated due to the gentleman's agreement. They have AWD, they really aren't a whole lot heavier than a 185.

I don't even think it'd be much of a race.

Nate82

Lol yeah i completely agree with you Shaun.

My question wasnt in regards to GTRs ... like i said above i know how frikkin fast those things are.

My queiry (sp?) was more GTST related ...

e.g. Type M, GTS-4, GTS25T ...

I've got no delusions at all that i'd win against a GTR :cry:

SuperWhite92

Nate82":1wy6vw05 said:
Lol yeah i completely agree with you Shaun.

My question wasnt in regards to GTRs ... like i said above i know how frikkin fast those things are.

My queiry (sp?) was more GTST related ...

e.g. Type M, GTS-4, GTS25T ...

I've got no delusions at all that i'd win against a GTR :cry:

it'd be a good race against the 2.5T motors. Similar power, similar weight. i'd give it to the drivers

Sleeka_89

My bros r33 gts25 (the na rb25) ran a 14.6 down the 1/4 and its completely stock, but hes one of the best drivers ive seen...
Most other r33 gtst's in stock form run anywhere from 14.3 to 15s depending on driver launch etc.
If you were gonna race one off the mark you would have to really launch your gt4 hard and hope you can hold it off through 1st,2nd and 3rd, but i would put my money on the gtst to start pulling on you after that this is stock vs stock, a boosted gtst will eat you alive...

turbo4wd

Sleeka_89":3a2s7vlx said:
My bros r33 gts25 (the na rb25) ran a 14.6 down the 1/4 and its completely stock, but hes one of the best drivers ive seen...

That would still be about a second faster than a bone stock 185..

Sleeka_89

turbo4wd":21s2x0md said:
Sleeka_89":21s2x0md said:

That would still be about a second faster than a bone stock 185..
yeah but thats when it comes down to driver ability aswell, the guy that owned my bros car before him only managed to get a 15.5 so that would put it with in the range of a fairly well driven stock gt4, but both cars driven to their potential i would expect the gts-t to win