Does my 1/4 mile time and Hp seem right???

Sleeka_89

Hey all...
Pretty much i have 210fwhp and i ran a 13.0 at 178km/hr (2.2 60foot), and it got me thinking does that seem right??? Most of my mates at mid to high 200hp range to get that sort of time(not alltracs). I'm not trying to sound like i'm the best driver or anything but i was thinking is that power level to low for that time???
Pretty much stock ST185 halfcut with ct20b at 17psi, FMIC, full exhaust and mircotech ecu in a ST162 celica fwd, basically thats it. The dyno i went on is meant to be the harshest dyno in my city but i was always dissapointed with the hp level, but i knew the cars was fairly quick hence the time. So my question is how much power do you guys need to crack a flat 13s pass (i know you weigh more than me)? For my mods does the power seem right??

Thanks

Razzo

TheAutoholic":1ygnrcna said:
Remember you weigh quite a bit less, and you have less drive train powerloss...

Lol well with 210fwhp to hit 13s you must be in the weight of around 2400

i would guess if your at 17psi with the ct20 you should be around 260-300fwhp (with the supporting mods) its definatlly a good turbo to hit low 13s in, i'm sure you can see high 12's with a better clutch/tires

Gary

Trap speed indicates the power output of the car.

Horsepower = Weight x [trap speed/234]^3

Horsepower in hp
Weight in lbs (including driver + gas)
Trap speed in mph

For example:
Pat's 131 mph run with 3400 lbs total weight indicates 596 hp.
210 fwhp dosn't seem right consider your car probably weighs more than 2500 lbs with driver.
You should have more than that.
May be around 250 or more @ the wheels.

Sleeka_89

Thanks for the replies, i might go to another place and get it re-dynoed. I always thought the hp seemed abit low cause a mate of mine has a s14a 200SX, 278rwhp and theres like 60kg difference in our cars and we're neck on neck in a rolla run. Also i'm always reading about mr2s with ct20 getting 260-300rwhp with supporting mods so i was kinda hoping to be in that range aswell.

Should be an easy high 12 pass if i ever manage to get slicks or an lsd box, fragging one wheel isnt fun :doh:

Thanks again :D

Sleeka_89

Gary":gwarupwi said:

Horsepower in hp
Trap speed in mph

For example:
210 fwhp dosn't seem right consider your car probably weighs more than 2500 lbs with driver.

So....
Weight = 1350kg fuel and me (1350*0.45359237 = 2976 lbs)
Trap Speed = 178km/hr * .6 = 106.8mph

= 2976 x [106.8/234]^3
= 282.94 fwhp (approx)

That sounds a bit better hahaha
cheers

theUNYTEDone

Gary":quj1i905 said:

Horsepower in hp
Trap speed in mph

For example:

you never cease to amaze me, gary.
too bad we've no track down here anymore.
there's always rumor that it'll open back up though.

Sleeka_89

SeanGTS":3blvyzl7 said:
What tires are you running? Open differential? What transmission? What was your 60 foot time?
When that time was done i was running a sv21 camry gearbox which is an open differential so it frags one wheel. The tyres were 205/50 r15's naykangs (cheap crap) and i managed to get a 2.2s 60 foot time. The track is closed for winter here and in a month or two im gonna go down again because i got some 17inch rims now with 215/45 kumo tyres which should help me crack a high 12 second pass... hopefully :D

SeanGTS

Sleeka_89":15sj40he said:
SeanGTS":15sj40he said:
What tires are you running? Open differential? What transmission? What was your 60 foot time?
When that time was done i was running a sv21 camry gearbox which is an open differential so it frags one wheel. The tyres were 205/50 r15's naykangs (cheap crap) and i managed to get a 2.2s 60 foot time. The track is closed for winter here and in a month or two im gonna go down again because i got some 17inch rims now with 215/45 kumo tyres which should help me crack a high 12 second pass... hopefully :D

No, your times really DONT add up.

A 2.2 60 ft is pretty terrible, and a trap at 106.81mph is very respectable, but not fast enough in my opinion to net a 13.0 with a 2.2 60 foot!

My best 60ft is a 2.2, and I've trapped 103, yet ET was still a low 14.

I'm running an mr2 turbo gear box, with a TRD LSD (2.0) and some 225-40-17 cheapo tires. I'm probably putting down around 230 Front Wheel HP....

Conan

SeanGTS":1uwr1qr3 said:
No, your times really DONT add up.
They do add up for me.
He obviously has more power so more traction issues at the start since there's no LSD. Once the grip is found he takes back what he has lost in the first 60ft.[/quote]

SeanGTS

A 13.0 flat is straight moving, looking at all the SRT-4 times, my times, other FWD times... It doesnt make sense at all.

He needs another 4 mph trap IMHO to make up that much time.

Sleeka_89

SeanGTS":2eyj4a8e said:
A 13.0 flat is straight moving, looking at all the SRT-4 times, my times, other FWD times... It doesnt make sense at all.

He needs another 4 mph trap IMHO to make up that much time.
hahahahha, well you have to believe because i thats what i did. i've got the 1/4 mile slip that shows a 2.2 60 foot time with 13.0 @ 178km/hr but i dont know how to post pictures on this site (apparently i need to host the image or something :shrug: )