vacuum

CelicaGT4

Hey, as you probly already know I did the 3sgte swap and am having trouble getting it to fire. Everythings fine w/my ignition, but I cannot find any vacuum diagrams for this motor. So I have no lines hooked up, could that make it not fire right and not start. I know if you don't have any vacuum hooked up it will idol like shit and all. Since you seem to know a shit ton about these motors, I am wondering if you can link me up or give me some advice on running some vacuum lines. Thanks, Darren

P.S. Is the Vaccum line before the AFM needed, cuz in all my other vehicles I had an aftermarket intake and never hooked that one up. thanks again

RedCelicaTRD

If you dont have any hooked up it wont start. I don't have any diagrams handy but did you check on your hood. The usually have a lil sticker that has the diagram on them.

alltracman78

I will try to get a pick of the vaccum diagram under my hood.

BTW, you don't need the vaccum lines to run the engine. It's the vaccum leaks that cause the engine to not run. If you cap all the vaccum lines, it should run. Maybe not w/out the map sensor tho.

silverarrow

Two vacuum nipples under the throttle body on the passenger side are important. Actually just one of them. The right one is for the fuel pressure and the left one is for the boost pressure sensor. And then in front of those too there's another vacuum nipple that hooks up to a nipple on the valve cover(not sure what this is for). Pretty much all the other ones around the throttle body isn't important to start up your motor. I don't see any vacuum hoses that you need to hook up before your afm. I know that you will need to hook up one of the thicker vacuum hoses that goes to your valve cover under the tmic...pretty much that's for idle control and the other one is from the pcv or pvc? I'm sure it's pcv hehe... but you do need to hook up the vacuum lines between your turbo and afm to start up your motor. Importantly just the idle control hose, the one from pcv can be plugged up on the stock intake.

speedlabracer

yeah you must have a mass airflow sensor or it will turn over then die. because I disconnected mine once to see if it'd run and it just kept dying.

alltracman78

yeah, I forgot about the fpr, you need that one. Couple of guys said you dont' need the map sensor to run :shrug: . small hose from tb to valve cover you don't need, it's been off both mine since the day I got them.
The pcv you don't need, and the other line, going to the tb don't think you have to have, the car will start if you pump the gas.

Bottom line though, I would connect all the vacum lines. If your having trouble with this, I would make sure EVERYTHING is hooked up before you start messing with it.

And yeah, pics would be helpful.