HKS Silent Hi-Power update..

Meurz

Now fitted! :D Friggen nice shit! Sound is VERY nice, a very low rumble but not too loud (note that dp and mp are stock for now) And the looks.. Just check the pics out.. 8)

This morning I got up early (well, compared to a normal sunday :lol: ) and I'm glad I took the rear seats out Carlos otherwise I'd never been able to take the exhaust with me.. After arriving at my mates work, we took some pics and vids for the before/after compilation vid I'll post later on. During the lunch break the car could cool down nicely and after that we put El Matador on the lift. I started removing the rear crossmember, to create space around the flanges and to be able to wiggle the muffler to take it out later:

hipowerfitting.jpg

Because I almost broke a bolt during the first attempt to unbolt the rear section, I decided to use a proven method from the past :D :

hipowerfitting2.jpg

When the rear sections were split, they came out much easier and I decided to take a final shot before the HKS went on (I completely forgot to weigh the HKS btw :oops: ):

hipowerfitting7.jpg

Before starting the installation, always read the manual!

hipowerfitting4.jpg

HKS fitting time:

hipowerfitting3.jpg

While dryfitting the crossmember again I noticed there wasn't much space between the member and zaust, so to prevent weird sounds and dings in both parts, I modded the crossmember a bit:

hipowerfitting5.jpg

After a final check on all bolts and rubbers the CS got back on its wheels, and I LOVE the new look of the car:

hipowerfitting6.jpg

hipowerfitting8.jpg

Some rear quarter shots:

hipowerfitting9.jpg

hipowerfitting10.jpg

I hope I have the before/after vid ready today or tomorrow.

syko says

WOW! i love the way it looks. i just ordered my motoria system just last night, hopefully i'll get it within the next few weeks, then probably upgrade the muffler to an apexi n1. anyway, its nice and shiney.. just like your car 8)

PS. dont you wish you installed this before your photoshoot :p

toayoztan

syko says":tu3uz8sp said:
PS. dont you wish you installed this before your photoshoot :p

Exactly what i was thinking haha. But the photoshoot still looked great!

Can't wait for videos of tihs exhaust.

Bryan

syko says

instead of modifying the crossmember; couldnt one have dropped it down with a couple of washers? i think that was the solution for most motoria system users. umm but other than that, i may go that route (the route of modifying it. do you think you can get a pic of it so i can see where i might have to grind the crossmember (if its no trouble for you). ALSO, i really like that pic of you readin the manual upside down. must be a netherland thing... :twisted:

justjoe

No silly, the Manual is in Japanese.. and since the Japanese read right to left, it has to be upside-down =) :twisted:

Very nice lookin muffler.. Love the install photos..

Can you get any audio clips? Video clips?

Conan

justjoe":2i9m8srj said:
the Japanese read right to left
only if it's traditional column-style vertical writing, which I don't think is the case with the muffler manual :D

Meurz

Conan":2q89ia7o said:
Is HKS the only model on which the muffler is looking up, i.e. not horizontally aligned?
Yes, it points up a bit, just the way I like it..

I'll post vids up soon. 8)

theUNYTEDone

holy shit i love the way it looks...HKS has a non-silent version of this, right? time to go research.

i just want a muffler that'll end up angled the way that one is, gosh.
^any ideas on that, guys?

Sifu

Looks great man, and can I borrow your car lift? :p

When do we get to see videos and hear the sound? I've been contemplating on the HKS system (bent between the silent and the regular hi po one, I hear the hi po is loud as $#!t but I figured I want people to move out of my way when I'm coming through).

Meurz

Vids should be here in a few hours. The oldskool Hi-Power is discontinued, but you may be able to find one somewhere. The main reason I went for the Silent is that it's completely stainless where the Hi-Power has mild steel piping. The Silent muffler is also 3" straight through btw, you look straight into the bend behind the muffler. :D

People often move over as soon as they hear my SSQV.

alltracshoak

cool. awesome vid. i never heard my exhaust from the outside before because i dont let anyone drive my car. now that i heard it, its awesome.

Conan

There will come a time, Rene, when you'll want things to be nice and quiet and that'll happen sooner than you expect ;)

alltracshoak

Conan":3pfimkxl said:
There will come a time, Rene, when you'll want things to be nice and quiet and that'll happen sooner than you expect ;)
just to ask, would this be because of the annoying sounds or doest it refer to law wise "its too loud"?if its because it's too loud, i had to ref my car and the hks was on, referee didnt say a thing about my exhaust.

Conan

alltracshoak":2frgk5ej said:
just to ask, would this be because of the annoying sounds or doest it refer to law wise "its too loud"?
The first part, you would just get tired of the constant boooooooo :D