OK TX AR KS MO CO area meet !!!!

justjoe

Highway.. Noo..

Fraggle.. sheesh, I hope you feel better soon dude.

I used to live over there in Richardson.. I kinda remember that park.. that would be cool.. How far is that away from your place?

Here is another location in Carrollton.. a nice small park.. just don't know how busy it will be because it is next to baseball fields.
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q= ... =1&iwloc=A

So is everyone else cool ? Like Ripley said, we have some work to do on the car.. but hopefully we can get some things done, and get the car nice and shiny for photos. :D

toayoztan

Haha i wish i only had a turbo swap to do like you guys. My motor is out and apart right now as speak. Dont' know if you were following that in other threads, but yeah. My oil leak was just getting bad at the HG and my oil pressure was too low (below spec), i tried using thicker oil, didn't get much better. Right now, everything's cleaned up, head is getting milled (i'll get that back tomorrow), and all that i'm waiting on is HG and head bolts from 1sttoyota. THEY are the determining factor if i'll get done in time. Man i'll be pissed if it doesn't. Otherwise, i have no problems getting the motor back in within a day (i've done it a few times). In the meantime while waiting from 1sttoyota, i may swap out my clutch, and that means seperating the tranny from the block..hmmmmmmm!

Those places sound good to me, i'm down for anything! Eating before a meet will be cool.

Bryan

maroon_185

we are having problems getting my car to run with the rc harness and suh , if we don't find the problem tomorrow I am going to start the process of switching it back to USDM friday so it will be running for the meet, and when I get back from tech school I will tear back into it to try to get it to work with the RC harness and such unless I just decided to get a gt30r and some supporting mods to get my 35 hp back :)

but when we decide on a location let me know so I can get a map :)

toayoztan

okay good news. I received the tracking number from 1sttoyota and i will get the HG/head bolts in next tuesday. That'll leave me enough time to get everything back together. Soooo....see you all there!

Again, good suggestions about what where to meet up. I'm down and good for whatever. I think eating beforehand is a good idea, along with cruising, taking pictures at parks, etc.

THe only thing i'm going to be down about is that my fender will be all messed up (b/c of my previous accident when an XTerra hit me :shoots: ), but i'll probably go ghetto and get a permament marker to cover up the rust spots, til i get a used fender (from junkyard) soon the following week or so! haha

Bryan

darthripley

glad you will be able to make it Bryan, i'm anxious to hear the BOV sounds :D

compared to what you & maroon_185 have to do to get your 185's running & down here to the meet, our turbo replacement & coolant flush & oil change seems pretty dinky! :oops:

maroon_185

we got my problem narrowed down, so I will be there unless something new comes up, haha two running 185s with hks ssqvs hmmm. it shall be nice.

I'm all down for eating before hand then crusing, or whatever but I will have my older brother with me, so we eventually have to go to HIN since thats why he is tagging along, just name a place and time and we will aim to be there at about that time.

G-Zone

I found a much nicer park that is close to restaurants if we want to eat.
Haggard Park in Plano, Texas on H Ave. & 15th Street. It is inside of Old Downtown Plano and has a nice scenery with a train, gazeebo, bridge.
Map:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q= ... 18926&om=1

JustJoe, yup I live about 7 minutes away from Huffines park, really close to my place.

After that we could go near Downtown Dallas to take pics, and it would be closer to where HIN is held.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

-Chris G.

d1alltrac

works for me too. I just need 1sttoyotaparts to send me my parts, my order has been "processing" since the 19th :shoots: I'm going to call them in the morning.

toayoztan

d1alltrac":3vsdg0ek said:
works for me too. I just need 1sttoyotaparts to send me my parts, my order has been "processing" since the 19th :shoots: I'm going to call them in the morning.

What are you waiting for?

Bryan

d1alltrac

toayoztan":25qzk523 said:
d1alltrac":25qzk523 said:

What are you waiting for?

Bryan

clutch slave/master cylinders and brake caliper rebuild kits, easy stuff :shrug:

Fraggle

hey guys. just got out of the hospital after a 6 day stay. i can walk, well more like shuffle and stumble, but not too far. id love to make it out there but im not sure if im going to be able to. it depends on how im feeling later in the week. i should be able to give a definate answer by thurs or so.

:shrug:

toayoztan

Fraggle":2vq5zy16 said:
hey guys. just got out of the hospital after a 6 day stay. i can walk, well more like shuffle and stumble, but not too far. id love to make it out there but im not sure if im going to be able to. it depends on how im feeling later in the week. i should be able to give a definate answer by thurs or so.

:shrug:

Well if you can't make it, don't worry, it's not like we're going to be mad at you because of your health condition :p Hope you do get better soon though, and of course maybe in time for the meet. In any case, take care of yourself!

Bryan

darthripley

Fraggle we'll have plenty of other meets, don't push yourself too hard & have to end up back in the hospital.
most importantly, take care of yourself.

well, we started taking all the stuff out to get to the turbo so we can put the "new" one on & we're now waiting on parts to come in too.
we're waiting on coolant hoses & new bolts to replace ones that broke off on us or were broken off by someone else :cry:

i hope we can get the parts & get it all put back together again in time for the meet. we've been working on the car every night until 3am or so :cry:

Fraggle

well im pretty sure you can count me in. im getting better by the day, and although im not quite ready to start running marathons, i am getting better at getting around. im gonna try and suck it up and try to make it out there

darthripley

well, i don't know if our parts are going to make it in time & i know 3-4 of the people (including us) that were planning on coming are not sure they can get their cars back together again before Saturday.

would ya'll want to put off the meet for another week or 2?
just throwing it out there...let me know what ya'll think.

i just think we could have a bigger meet (more people & cars) if we put off the meet for a couple of weeks.

maroon_185

if you put it off please hold another one after I get back from tech school, and if you do put it off, I won't be able to attend because this is my last free weekend, that and I am not sure if I would trust my car to make that trip just yet, it smells like its leaking oil or burning it somehow but I can't find where, plus it still has a strange coolant leak that is judemental and only leaks sometimes. So if you have it I will probably be showing up in a tiburon, we will just have to see.

eidt: after doing some number crunching, I can't afford to come down anyways. Sorry maybe after I get back.

G-Zone

I vote to postpone. So far no one is able to help me out, so I won't make it in time.

-Chris G.

justjoe

As much as Both Keri and I want to meet up with everyone, we are both afraid that we aren't going to make it this weekend.. at least not in the AllTrac. =(

I keep discovering parts that I need to get for the car.. and I am just hoping that the 27mm socket I bought will take off the Oil line to the block without big troubles.

On the good side, our old turbo has "Toyota" written on it, and our replacement turbo says "Toyota CT 26" and whose turbine looks completely different than the old one, atleast on the cold side of the turbo. There might be a chance that we got a Ceramic turbo.. I will try to post up photos later.