All Trac turns out not to be as quick as originally thought

1chewabacha1

To tell you the truth guys I'm a little disappointed in the Stockish... All Trac celica.

Now, I haven't finished my own project CPEED All Trac Celica yet but I'm not so sure I want to continue anymore.

Why? My project MAXIMA has just out-ran a slightly modded All Trac Celica. Okay, the Maxima may have a couple of mods, Variable Intake and ECU, but it only runs a 14.2@98 Mph!

Decent times for a Maxima....
but for a turbocharged Celica with CT26, .54 trim, reflashed ECU, 255 lph fuel pump, FMIC w/ ATS inlet, RPS Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel boosting around 18 psi spiking at 20 on a manual boost controller, this race shouldn't be a problem Should it? Could it be a crappy all trac driver? These things aren't that hard to launch! Even with a lightened flywheel (have tried before).

What do you guys think? Should I just sell the Celica (Would hate to.... such a rare beauty) and get a supercharger kit for the maxima?

vip09

Gotta get rid of that ct26. I ran a 13.9 on a TD06 20G at 13psi. Stock airbox, stock ecu, stock fuel system.

2RM

I just had my ass handed to me this morning by a V6 GTS eclipse. I had him after a dissent launch but I miss shifted 2nd and he spanked me. I suck and maybe so are you? :) Its all rigth I get him next time.

vip09

2RM":19ibi5bi said:
I just had my ass handed to me this morning by a V6 GTS eclipse. I had him after a dissent launch but I miss shifted 2nd and he spanked me. I suck and maybe so are you? :) Its all rigth I get him next time.

Ouch.. those run like low 15's on a good day. :( I barely got beat by a Trans AM WS6 the other day from a roll.

gpmarzan

i was running against a maxima this past summer. It was hot and my turbo/ic didnt like it, but me and the maxima were dead even. Thats at 12 psi with stock ct26. I think the maxima was a '99. I dont really recall.

-Patrick

RedCelicaTRD

Lets see, you have an upgraded ecu that runs more timing then it should and a larger turbo compressor that is pushing 20 psi. That adds up to detonation which equals pulled timing and no power. Lower the boost and you shouldnt have a problem. If you want to keep doing this I'll look forward to a post titled "Why did my motor blow" where someone will explain how pulled timing equals high egts and melted internals.

SuperWhite92

I would check and see if you aren't pulling timing. I know certain tanks of gas in the winter don't work well with my 18psi/Rom Tune/CT26-46T combo.

suprakid95

i feel my alltrac isent as fast as it should be with its mods, but i do think it might be because im running a upgraded stock turbo...my friends have said its pretty quick though so maybe its just me?

Mafix

your's just has issues ATM suprakid.

chew, yours should be in the 13's with those mods, if everything is running right. so i would hit the dyno and see what's going on in there.

CMS-GT4

You may just be a bad driver, and it sounds like something could be wrong with your car. Fix it and keep practicing till you get it right. I ran dead even against a v6 maxima with a stock alltrac.

turbo4wd

1chewabacha1":skldfe1u said:
but for a turbocharged Celica with CT26, .54 trim, reflashed ECU, 255 lph fuel pump, FMIC w/ ATS inlet, RPS Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel boosting around 18 psi spiking at 20 on a manual boost controller, this race shouldn't be a problem Should it??

Am I missing something here.. or did you forget about listing an exhaust? Or is this thing still running the stock exhaust with both cats?? Because if it is.. then that would explain a whole lot..

Just for reference, if you check out the club race list:
http://www.gtfour.ca/race.html

Kevin Hall ran a 13.913 at Fontana back in 2002, and the only mods he had was 3in turbo back exhaust, a 50trim ct-26, boost set at 14psi, and a straight intake.. Other than that it was stock interior, nothing stripped, and street tires..

I think I still have a low-res version of the video at home..

1chewabacha1

turbo4wd":21m7i8fq said:
1chewabacha1":21m7i8fq said:
but for a turbocharged Celica with CT26, .54 trim, reflashed ECU, 255 lph fuel pump, FMIC w/ ATS inlet, RPS Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel boosting around 18 psi spiking at 20 on a manual boost controller, this race shouldn't be a problem Should it??

Am I missing something here.. or did you forget about listing an exhaust? Or is this thing still running the stock exhaust with both cats?? Because if it is.. then that would explain a whole lot..

Just for reference, if you check out the club race list:
http://www.gtfour.ca/race.html

Kevin Hall ran a 13.913 at Fontana back in 2002, and the only mods he had was 3in turbo back exhaust, a 50trim ct-26, boost set at 14psi, and a straight intake.. Other than that it was stock interior, nothing stripped, and street tires..

I think I still have a low-res version of the video at home..

Sorry forgot to mention that. The All Trac I raced had a stock downpipe, and 3 inch catback (straight pipe all the way through) with a dynomax muffler piece (gets the job done).

All these 13 second runs though only have a trap speed of 99ish. My Maxima is trapping at 98ish just all motor (and that All Trac I ran had absolutely no chance at the top end. Lower ET's mainly due to the AWD but I NEED highway power as well.

Side note: Stock 4th maxima's run high 14's at best (I've seen a couple running 16 flat at best) and auto's run mid 15's at best. Trapping anywhere from 92 to 95 at best.

My Maxima runs 14.2 and traps and 98.... probably not as slow as a stock all trac that's for sure.

You guys didn't see my last question? Should I just get a different project or continue with this?

fhalperformance

i think an AWD is the best compromise for street performance where its not always ideal conditions for fwd/rwd. The alltrac has a pretty stand out design. you gota look as fast as you go imo.

syko says

how often do you see modded maximas? not very often..
how often do you see alltracs? not very often..

theres this maxima down here, he thinks hes hot shit with a GTR emblem on his maxima, and a shit load of stickers (its riced out). im not saying that your maxima will be riced out, but i feel as if maximas have no way in being a competitive car. maybe thats what you want, but hey to each his own right?

now if you keep your alltrac, heads will always turn, and it probably is always a sight for sore eyes. depending on what you want to do with both cars is totally up to you. BUT in my opinion, i got my alltrac because its not fast fast (kind of is; well it kills most cars out there anway) but because its so rare. i love the fact that people hardly know what the car is. yes eventually i want to turn it into a project EVO/STI killer, but of course it will take time. hope this helps

just my 2 psi

*EDIT* i just read it and i sound biased :p .. im just saying maybe you should keep your alltrac, your hopes shouldnt be crushed by such quarter mile times.. especially when it should be much better IMO

Griffin

Either you are a bad driver or you have something wrong with your car.

I pulled 9.3 in the 1/8th with just the upgraded CT26, a 6 puck clutch and an intercooler fan - otherwise completely stock.

Once I got the catless exhaust and AEM I ran a 9.0 in the 1/8th at only 15PSI, and that was WITH a good 3.5 seconds of clutch slippage in 1st and second (toasted the clutch that run)

After the clutch was replaced with an RPS turbo max, I had the AEM, 264 cams, 3" straight through catless DP MP and exhaust, and FMIC at 30 PSI I was dead even with a 400+ RWHP supra from a roll.

The car is fine and has tons of potential. You need to learn to shift better and fix whatever may be wrong with your car.

Griffin

vip09":1au824am said:
Ouch.. those run like low 15's on a good day. :( I barely got beat by a Trans AM WS6 the other day from a roll.

You sure about that? I was under the impression that the current gen V6 eclipse is pretty friggin fast